Exciting opportunity not to be missed! Our client has a unique position available for a Safety & Risk Manager to join the team based in Barway. The role is a full time, permanent position offering a competitive salary and benefits - this is an exciting opportunity to develop your career!
Their philosophy is to be recognised as outstanding, market-led growers and suppliers of sustainable, healthy fresh produce, and to be at the forefront of the industry in everything they do. They are an incredibly exciting place to work. Being at the leading edge of modern food production means it’s fast-paced, stimulating and rewarding. They work with the biggest food retail brands in the UK and Europe and want people who will do what’s right for them and their customers. They can only achieve this through the dedication of their people, underpinned by their values; Trust, Efficiency, Quality, Expertise, Can-do.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Safety & Risk Manager to join the UK H&S Team.
Main responsibilities of the Safety & Risk Manager include:
- Provide a Health, Safety, & Risk Management provision to business units and boards as directed, to enable them to discharge their duties in all matters of health, safety and risk
- Reporting in to the Head of Safety, Risk and CI with a strong functional line to the Group (UK) H&S Director, and business unit Managing Directors.
- Support & Advice - This will include responsibility for assisting with the development, and leading the implementation and operation of health and safety management systems including but not limited to policy and plans, inspections, business continuity, assessments, safety systems and manuals, audits, project management and training.
- Delivery of both group and business unit strategy.
- Compliance with UK health and safety policy - Monitor business compliance with the health and safety policy and system to ensure as far as is reasonably practicable that a healthy and safe working environment is maintained.
- Accident and incident reporting - Ensure correct reporting of accidents and incidents and behavioural conversations, ensuring correct escalation to management. In regards to significant incidents, including those where emergency services are contacted or arrive on site. Escalate to the Head of Safety, Risk and CI, Managing Director and Group (UK) Safety and Risk Director.
- Co-ordinate appropriate investigation and facilitate analysis on incidents that occur on site and make practical recommendations to minimise further incidents.
- Project Management - Timely completion of specified projects as outlined by the Head of Safety Risk and CI ensuring that they are completed within agreed timescales.
- Training - Identify specific training needs for the site. Ensure appropriate health and safety training is provided and evaluate the effectiveness of the training to meet safety policy standards.
- Team Support - Provide support to cover other sites as required to maintain compliance with safety legislation and the UK and business unit’s safety management systems.
Skills, knowledge and experience required by the Safety & Risk Manager:
- You will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience within food industries.
- A NEBOSH Diploma and a maintained Chartered membership of IOSH is preferable.
Why work for them?
With future scope for career progression, they pride themselves on offering great opportunities for training, progression and development. They are the place to be to develop and meet your long term career goals. They aim to be an employer of choice.
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join Europe’s leading fresh produce companies as their Safety & Risk Manager.
They are an equal opportunities employer.