RMN Urgently Required
Job Title: Registered Mental Nurse
Reporting to: Clinical Lead / Registered Manager
The overall aim of the role is to achieve the highest possible standard of care in a professional manner, through providing direct nursing care to, including but not limited to, clients experiencing mental health problems, challenging behaviours and acquired brain injuries.
- Minimum 5 years post graduate, experience within both an inpatient and community services
- Experience with working with challenging behaviours, personality disorders & serious mental illnesses
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Knowledge and ability to undertake the following assessments KGV,BPRS,HCR20,START,LUNSERS,MINI MENTAL STATE, HONOS,BECKS
- Have the ability to manage a crisis
- Experience of working with a multi-disciplinary team along with other professions such as an OT, psychologists, care coordinators and health commissioners
- Knowledge of Mental Health Act and Mental Capacity Act. (This includes DOLS, CTO AND MOJ)
- Caseload management of service users with complex needs.
- Building relationships with patients to encourage trust, while listening and interpreting their needs and concerns.
- Working within a CPA framework. (CTO, MHA, MLA, MOJ)
- Manage your time efficiently including diarising appointment and logistics of getting to and from your appointments
- Ensure up-to-date risk assessments and recovery plans are in place
- Report writing
- Liaise with relatives of the Service User
- To communicate within the wider GHC team ensuring best level of care for the SU and support for the staff
- To motivate SU to ensure they have a fully weekly activity plan
- Ability to use initiative and problem solving skills to assist with crisis intervention
- To maintain CPD
- To access and offer supervisions as appropriate
Health and Safety
The post holder has a duty under the Health and Safety Work Act 1974, to:-
- Take reasonable care of the health and safety of themselves and all other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work.
- Co-operate with their employer to ensure compliance with Health and Safety legislation and the Health and Safety policies and procedures of the treatment centre, not intentionally or recklessly interfere with, or misuse, anything provided in the interests of health, safety, or welfare, in pursuance of any of the relevant statutory provisions.
The post holder must all times respect the confidentiality of information in line with the requirements of Data Protection Act. This includes, if required to do so, obtain, process and/or use information held on the computer in a fair and lawful way, to hold data only for the specified registered purposes and to use or disclose data only to authorized persons or organisations as instructed.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake other relevant and appropriate duties as reasonably required.
This job description is subject to regular review and appropriate modification.
Person Specification - Registered Mental Health Nurse
Current MNC registration and educated to degree level.
Evidence of updating practice and continued professional development
Willing to undertake education/courses relevant to area of practice and service development
Evidence of further education
A minimum of 5 years post registration experience
Ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate care and ability to develop a therapeutic relationship.
Experience of managing a caseload
A range of post registration experience within mental health settings including CBT, Forensic, SMI
Working with people from a variety of cultural backgrounds
Understanding of safe and effective alternatives to hospital care
Understanding of the Mental Health Act
Mental capacity act
Skills & Abilities
Highly developed risk assessment and management skills
Highly developed communication skills
Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team
Ability to engage clients in their care
Ability to present information both written and oral and communicate this effectively to a range of audience.
Excellence in report writing and it skills
Supplementary Information - Registered Mental Nurse
Depending on experience
2-3 hours per week
Length of Contract:
28 including public and bank holidays (pro rata for part time)
Car Allowance, Lap top and Phone
- Mental Health
- Nursing Care
- Risk Assessments
- Data Protection Act
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"