Real Estate Administration Officer
Job Title: Real Estate Administration Officer
Location: Blackheath, London
Salary: £14.15 per hour
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
About Morden College:
Morden College is a Charity dedicated to supporting older people. Founded in 1695 by the pioneering merchant, Sir John Morden, the Charity has been at the forefront of enriching older people's lives for more than 300 years. Today the Charity's core purpose is to provide older people who are in need with a home for life, to support them as they grow older, and to provide housing, care, and support, including residential nursing care, if the need arises. We are a strong community, committed to enabling the older people we support to have the highest quality of life, for the rest of their life.
The R.E.A.O. will be a key member of the Real Estate team and will work closely for the Real Estate Director (RED), Real Estate Property Manager (REPM), and Real Estate and Finance Compliance Assistant (REFCA), providing support in data / accounting areas, ensuring service levels are maintained and efficiency improvements are made when required.
Additionally the R.E.A.O. will be required to liase with the Finance Department, obtaining rental income data and tenant balance checks, and sharing necessary data and reports.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- To be fully able to operate the Real Estate Veco accounts system, and its retained predecessor system Winman (latter for historic data check purposes)
- When required, to add / amend / Real Estate data on Veco in draft, ensuring all records are up to date, and comprehensive, in draft and then liasing with the Finance team to ensure data changes are made live on a timely basis. Also to ensuring data reports are made available for scrutiny by other team members
- To provide a weekly (or more frequently) arrears report on the format required, using Veco data and cross checking banking and rent allocation data obtained from the Finance team. On occasion, where data is not available from the Finance team, to access copies of relevant bank statements and using this data to provide an updated arrears report
- To ensure updated tenant deposit balances are retained on Veco
- To produce on demand and when required, specific data reports on tenancy renewals, expiries, reviews etc . Such reports predominantly based on Veco / Excel data and provided for regular meetings, trustee and director reports, or for bespoke purposes
Arrears Data / Reports & Credit Control:
- As referred to above, to maintain accurate weekly arrears reports on an agreed format on a 7/14/21/30/60/90 day basis with necessary comments
- When required to obtain copy bank statements and to analyse these to check that receipts have been accurately added to the Veco data and arrears reports
- Support Real Estate Team in keeping Tenant Deposit Records updated logged with DPS
- As directed by Team, to provide subsequent credit control reports, draft prepare and send appropriate credit control letters to tenants, and make any necessary phone calls to tenants when required
Purchase Order System & Supply Accounts:
- To assist the REFCA with the maintenance and function of the Purchase Order System when required.
- To keep up to date records of credit control activities for team scrutiny.
Skills Qualifications and Experience:
- GCSE Maths and English or equivalent
- AAT qualification. (Desirable)
- Bookkeeping experience
- An aptitude for IT and finance systems
- Microsoft Office packages, specifically MS Excel
- Knowledge of Veco (Desirable), training can be provided to successful candidate
- Knowledge of Winman (Desirable), basic training can be provided to successful candidate
- Excellent communication and customer care skills
- Good planning and organisation, having the ability to re-organise plans to accommodate emerging new priorities
- Experience in working in a deadline driven environment
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and own initiative
- Enhanced Annual Leave
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Competitive Rates of Pay
- Learning and Development
- Eye tests and Glasses
- Flexible Working
- Staff Recognition Schemes
- Health and Wellbeing Initiatives
- Free on-site parking
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of: Real Estate Administrator, Administration, Bookkeeping, Accountancy, Accountant, Finance Administrator, Account Administrator, Real Estate Accounts, Real Estate Assistant, AAT, Finance Assistant, Property Management may also be considered for this role.
- Property Management
- Finance Assistant
- Finance Administrator
- Account Administrator
- Real Estate Administrator
- Real Estate Assistant
- Real Estate Accounts
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'