Project Manager - Gas Distribution
Wood is recruiting for a Project Manager to be based in and around the Cardiff Area managing a group of assigned works within the Wood T&D Western Gas Alliance (Gas Distribution).
The role is responsible for effectively and professionally managing the day to day activities across all undertaking of the works, including pre-construction planning, installation and project completion. The role holder is responsible for delivering schemes within budget and programme to the satisfaction of the client.
Purpose of the Role
- Responsible for the successful delivery of all stages of the assigned works within the Western Gas Alliance South Wales depots to meet the key programme milestones and the requirements of the Western Gas Alliance delivery targets.
- Demonstrate effective individual and collective SHE leadership and promote enthusiastic SHE culture. Manage Safety through early development incorporating life cycle designs that minimise risk to personnel. Drive the "Safety by Design" philosophy through the project delivery process.
- Accountable for the approval of the scope of works, the plan and the target cost for each element of all projects.
- Accountable for team consistency in the preparation and presentation of project controls to be deployed on the project, including but not limited to; PMP, QA/QC Plan, project programme, risk & change management, EVM analysis, and internal budget control.
- Prioritising the assignment of resource to individual schemes, and resolving conflicting requirements.
- Drive performance, actively seeking to improve and optimise project delivery. Ensure that performance management and a customer focussed ethos and practice is adopted by project delivery teams on a day to day basis.
- Achieving a consistent high standard of project programming and reporting across all projects as defined by the management team, producing a depot level report on a monthly basis.
- Prepare forward looking plans to ensure that current objectives and future expectations are considered.
- Ensuring the successful resolution of issues and challenges on individual schemes as required.
- Providing guidance and leadership and when necessary acting in the role of trouble-shooter.
- Ensuring that any lessons learned and innovation introduced under the "change-challenge for business excellence" banner are applied internally within the Wood business.
- Participate in the process of agreeing perfortmance objectives, reviewing performance, identifying development and improvement plans and monitoring staff progress against targets to the timescales set by the business including proactive management of poor performance
- To undertake any other duties as and when necessary to meet the varying demands of the business and satisfy the needs of the role
- University degree in relevant disciplines or experience in the Gas / Utilities sector in a Project Management capacity
- Experience as a Project Manager, with examples of targets reached and how, involvement in quality procedures.
- Knowledge of current construction practices and safety on site.
- Programme / project management skills
- Knowledge of transmission and distribution in the UK and wider utilities
- Experience in sales, engineering management, operational management of construction activities
- Experienced in delivering financial results against agreed targets
- Gas Mains replacement techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills coupled with planning skills
- A good level of financial and commercial understanding
- Experience of developing working relationships quickly and effectively
- Working away from home regularly and for prolonged periods
- Full clean driving licence
- Negative result for the compulsory Drugs and Alcohol test in line with policy
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
- Project Management
- street works
- gas distribution
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"