Our client is seeking a Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion, living close to the Taunton area of Somerset or surrounding villages to work for a unique care provider providing specialist homecare and companionship to older people in the community.
Do you have spare time and want to make a difference? Do you have some availability either early mornings, lunchtimes, evenings or weekends? Would you make an excellent Companion to an older person? Would you like to work part time hours? If so, then we would like to hear from you.
As a Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion your job will be working for an award-winning organisation specialising in care and support to private clients who are still active but may require some personal care in the future. However, they do need companionship to help them to remain independent in their own homes. No two days are the same and your responsibilities could include:
- Offering support to help them with their morning/evening routine;
- Prompting to take medication;
- Taking them out shopping/attending local groups;
- Attending doctors/hospital appointments;
- Assisting clients with some elements of personal care, this could be as simple as handing someone a toothbrush.
- Preparing a meal for them and being a friend and someone for company.
Nothing is rushed, we spend an absolute minimum of an hour with the people we support, and we always have the same clients that we visit so it helps you build a relationship.
There are also some fantastic benefits:
- Making a difference to someone’s life every day is the biggest benefit and motivator for doing this job;
- £8.00 - £18.00 per hour;
- Competitive mileage allowance;
- Full, comprehensive training provided.
What skills/experience do I need?
No experience is necessary to be a Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion and there is no upper age limit to apply for this role. However, you must have a full UK driving licence and have access to your own vehicle.
So, if you have a compassionate and caring nature, and you want to make a difference to an older person’s life, then please click "apply."
Please note: This is not a Volunteer job; however, we are trying to attract individuals who are looking to make a difference in a part time role.
- Home Care
- Personal Care
- Social Care