Our client, a leading independent Oil & Gas operator based in Norwich, is currently seeking a Decommissioning Engineer - Topside & Pipelines to join their team.
This position is responsible for the planning, design and regulatory compliance of decommissioning of offshore and onshore assets with the primary function to lead the engineering and preparation of the Topsides, Pipelines & Subsea items decommissioning activities and support its execution.
This is an integral position within the Decommissioning team reporting directly to the Decommissioning Manager, responsible for the deliverables and management of engineers. You will need to develop and maintain close working relationships with onshore and offshore teams in the definition and delivery of this work. Management of the interface between operations support and decommissioning is a key aspect to this role and at times supporting other departments/teams within the organisation will be necessary.
This position operates on a Monday to Friday basis with occasional offshore travel as operationally required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure compliance with all health, safety and environmental legislation and best practice for all aspects of decommissioning works.
- Prepare and review decommissioning scopes of work for process and pipeline cleaning/hydro-carbon freeing activities.
- Prepare and review decommissioning scopes of work for the removal of subsea items when required (exclusive of subsea wells).
- Support the Decommissioning Compliance and Assurance team into the definition of the decommissioning strategy for TS, PL and Subsea items; provide adequate engineering support to ensure validation.
- Prepare, engineer and support the safe removal of redundant equipment.
- Lead the implementation of the management of change (MOC) process for all relevant decommissioning activities.
- Lead a team of engineers and develop their abilities in the decommissioning area.
- Support the offshore combined operations management team and the onshore LDE - Operations in the implementation of the decommissioning plan.
- Continual development of methodologies / strategies. Assess potential use of alternative technologies in order to reduce decommissioning costs.
- Manage design engineering contractors where required and provide operational interface to platforms and facilities as necessary.
- Carry out cost estimates for forthcoming decommissioning projects and provide inputs for the AFE documentation.
- Lead the tendering process and review of proposals for relevant works.
- Develop the required part of the Decommissioning Programmes and manage the performance standard review process in accordance with the various stages of the decommissioning process.
- Project manage / site manage offshore activities where appropriate.
- Develop suitable contracting strategies for key decommissioning activities and provide technical inputs in the contract drafting and negotiations.
The ideal candidate will be a degree qualified engineer or have previous experience in the oil and gas industry. You will have a good knowledge of engineering, project management principles, planning, logistics and relevant legislation.
The successful candidate will have strong major project biased knowledge of the offshore and onshore gas / decommissioning / construction operations, and will have strong leadership skills in order to develop others.
For further details regarding this exciting opportunity please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job