Our client, a well know organisation located in the Buckingham area, is seeking a Human Resources Administrator (6 month contract) to provide administrative support to the HR Department, staff and Line Managers of the business and to be responsible for the administration of the recruitment process. Reporting to the Head of Human Resources, the successful candidate will have the following responsibilities and accountabilities:
- To undertake the administration of internal and external recruitment and selection processes and be the first point of contact for candidates for information and documentation.
- To provide administrative support to the HR Department.
- To prepare interview schedules and to make all necessary arrangements for interviews such as room bookings, contacting candidates, obtaining and validating references, processing candidate expenses etc.
- To maintain, develop and update the companies computerised HR records system (ASR). To accurately input employee data onto the database and produce reports to regularly check employee records are complete and reflect pre-employment validation checks.
- To assist in HR processes and procedures such as recruitment, induction, absence.
- To prepare confidential correspondence including: candidate correspondence, reference letters, job descriptions/person specifications, advertisements etc.
- To process DBS applications for all staff.
- To place all advertising space for vacancies.
- To undertake prohibition checks on staff as necessary.
- To coordinate the industry specific training and maintain registers.
- To liaise with the companies Designated Safeguarding Lead, Line Managers and staff regarding attendance at the training sessions.
- To ensure all personnel files are kept up to date.
- To assist in the compilation of application packs.
- To undertake all general HR administration and any other duties as required.
- To respond to routine enquiries and requests from Line Managers/employees on recruitment matters as appropriate.
- To maintain the Equal Opportunities register.
- To ensure adherence to statutory Health and Safety and Data Protection legislation at all times.
This job description reflects the present requirements of the post and as duties and responsibilities change/develop, the job description will be reviewed and be subject to amendment in consultation with the post holder.
Qualifications - GCSE (or equivalent) English and Mathematics.
Specialist Skills & Experience - Excellent organizational skills, good written and oral communication skills, excellent IT skills including word processing, Excel, database implementation and maintenance.
Personal Qualities - Ability to work to tight deadlines, attention to detail, ability to build effective working relationships with both immediate colleagues and Line Managers, to work as part of a team, ability to handle confidential material appropriately.
Certificate in Human Resource Practice and experience of HR systems and processes.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small team environment on a fixed term contract basis. Candidates will have strong administration support skills, be able to work in a confidential environment and will have worked in a similar administrative support role in the past. Candidate must have their own mode of transport given our clients' rural location.
- Administrative Support
- Human Resources
- Recruitment Process