Clive Page of REED Engineering is seeking Foundry Operatives for a temp to perm contract in th Burnley area
You will be expected to achieve high standards of quality, in line with targeted levels of output whilst working safely and maintaining full product traceability. You will be working as part of a team and you are expected to contribute to improving any working processes.
The main tasks of the role will include a number of the following skills: -
• Operation of wax injection moulding machines.
• Inspection of wax components.
• Use standard operating procedures to repair components.
• Assembly of wax components onto runner systems using hot knives and micro-welder equipment, following individual part guidelines.
• Inspection of completed work to ensure best quality is achieved.
• Loading and unloading of moulding robots.
• Maintaining optimum slurry/sander parameters to ensure best mould build.
• Working in a hot metal environment, melting and pouring liquid metal.
• Use belt linishing machines to grind various castings to specified tolerances.
• Operating air hand grinding tools.
• Operating abrasive wheel semi-auto cut off saws.
• Preparing and cleaning castings moulds.
• Operate equipment in other areas of the Foundry as and when required: including knockout machine, hydraulic press and wheelbrators for metal cleaning.
• Use metal washing machines and guillotines to complete tasks.
• Contribute in a team working environment.
• Contribute to continuous improvement.
• To share knowledge and/or best practice with other team members.
• Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
• Inspection of completed work to ensure best quality is achieved using the ‘right first time’ approach.
• Use computers to extract data.
• Ability to measure liquid viscosity and weights.
A more detailed job description is available for suitable candidates. Rates vary depending on the shift.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"