In-House Fee Earner
Type: Full-time, Permanent
Reporting to: Head of Legal
Salary: Negotiable, DOE
Location: Southend-on-Sea, Essex- partial remote working would be considered
The successful candidate will be joining the in-house legal team of a private equity and national property group. The company is a large freeholder, residential landlord and has various other business interests both in the UK and US. The successful candidate will join a team encompassing two solicitors and a strong support structure including paralegal and secretarial support. The role offers varied and interesting work across the group with the autonomy to take ownership of matters and run negotiations.
- Acting on all litigation matters within the Group
- Managing a caseload of both pre-litigated and formally litigated matters including but not limited to:
o Applications made under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 & Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act 2002
o Claims made pertaining to service charge, insurance, breach of lease, disrepair and all other matters pertaining to the client’s ownership of a large property portfolio
o Residential and commercial property possession claims
o Commercial litigation for group companies
o Contentious litigation under the Leasehold Reform Housing and Urban Development Act 1993
o Contractual disputes
- Managing a caseload of property matters including but not limited to Deeds of Variation, Licences & sales
- Managing a caseload of Right to Manage matters
- Managing a caseload of Forfeiture matters
- Managing a caseload of lease extension and enfranchisement matters
· Providing litigation and commercial advice on all aspects of the Group’s activities
- Other matters commensurate with the role and as required.
- Relevant property litigation experience in a reputable firm and an excellent grounding in the same.
- Private Practice experience is a must.
- A minimum of 5 years Post Qualification Experience is desirable
- Commercial awareness, strong communication skills and solutions focused advice are essential
- Strong organisation skills and the ability to manage a busy workload are required
- Knowledge of enfranchisement matters would be advantageous but not essential
Benefits: The company has a demonstrated a track record of success over a period of 30-years. Our employees are a large part of that success which is why we offer an excellent range of benefits to all our staff. Benefits include; 20 days holiday, private healthcare (after 1yr service), paid training and memberships, Employee of the month scheme, discretionary annual bonuses, Pension scheme, death in service cover, wellbeing incentives, quarterly staff social activities.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'