The following job is no longer available:
Climate Policy Assistant
Climate Policy Assistant
The purpose of this role is to provide support to Concern in its engagement with COP26 and in strengthening the organisation’s coordination and understanding of climate resilience. The role will also provide support to the Climate Action Network UK (CAN-UK) secretariat and membership.
Climate Policy Assistant Responsibilities:
- Monitor and capture announcements and outcomes around key moments (e.g. pre-COP Summits) ahead of as well as at COP26.
- Support the Senior Policy Officer to identify opportunities to promote Concern’s advocacy messages with decision-makers and influencers.
- Liaise with the Senior Policy Officer to identify compelling ways to present statistics and messages about climate change, linking to Concern’s other priorities of hunger, nutrition and conflict.
- Assist the Senior Policy Officer to develop briefings on COP26 and Concern’s climate advocacy priorities for different audiences (e.g. MPs, Concern’s country programmes).
- Work closely with the Senior Policy Officer and communications teams to develop content for external communications around COP26.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience of working as part of a policy and campaigns, advocacy or communications team
- Self-motivation and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with team members, other staff at Concern and external stakeholders.
- Ability to produce clear and compelling briefings and public facing communications.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Understanding of the UN climate process
- Sound judgement and ability to work to (often tight) deadlines.
- High level of IT literacy and proficiency using databases, Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook. Skills, Abilities, Personal Qualities
- Excellent written and verbal English.
- Excellent analytical and research skills.
- Excellent time management and punctuality.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Active commitment to promote diversity, equality and the interests of marginalised people
- Experience of working for an international development NGO.
- Understanding of climate resilience programme approaches
- Experience of managing small projects.
- Experience developing creative communications materials.
- Ability to coordinate others.
- Knowledge of UK Parliament and political landscape
We deliver life-saving and life-changing interventions to some of the world's poorest and most vulnerable people. From rapid emergency response to our innovative programming in health and nutrition, livelihoods and education, we go to the hardest to reach places to make sure that no-one is left behind. Today we are a team of over 3,500 highly skilled and dedicated professionals from 50 countries who share an exceptional depth and diversity of experience. Last year we reached 28.6 million people in 24 of the world’s poorest countries.
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract, 4 months
Hours: Part Time
Salary: £20,527.20 Pro-rata per annum
Concern is currently trialling a hybrid model of working which will be a blend of weekly office attendance and UK based remote working.
Closing Date: 18th October 2021.
Please note, we would like to fill this role as soon as possible, therefore we will periodically be shortlisting through the recruitment campaign and may close the role before advertised closing date.
All candidates who are short-listed for an interview will be notified via email after the application deadline.
You may have experience of the following: Environmental Advisor, Environmental Science, Environmental Officer, Environmental Coordinator, Agricultural Advisor, Farmers, Farming, Defra, Policy Research, Policy Coordination, etc.
Ref: 103 232
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'