Keep Britain Working
Add to basket or enquireStart course
Whether you are currently in work but want to do something more fulfilling, or are without work and searching for your next opportunity, the NHS could be for you. This webinar outlines an opportunity that is open to anyone interested, and does not require any prior experience working in healthcare.
Whether you are currently in work but want to do something more fulfilling, or are without work and searching for your next opportunity, the NHS could be for you.
This opportunity is open to anyone interested, and does not require any prior experience working in healthcare.
Come along to the webinar to find out more about the role, and how you can start the recruitment process.
In the webinar, we will cover:
- What your day to day as a healthcare support worker may look like
- The recruitment process
- The onboarding process post recruitment
- Real experiences of a current healthcare support worker, who themselves changed career
- Opportunity to ask questions of our panellists
This webinar was hosted by Angus Mylne, a member of the Keep Britain Working team.
The panelists were:
Jenny Sinclair – a Senior Clinical Training Manager, Jenny has an in-depth knowledge of the different roles available to people interested in joining the NHS. She talks through the content of the role, the benefits and were to apply.
Yusuf Yousuf – a current Healthcare Support Worker at Whittington Trust, and is a passionate exponent of the role. He has worked in the NHS for 14 years, and shares his first hand experiences in the role and why it could be perfect for you!
- 1: Part 1: Welcome, Speaker Introductions, Introduction to the role, Q&A with Jenny 18:24
- 2: Part 2: Introduction to Yusuf, Changing Career, Passion for the Role, Q&A 22:09
- 3: Part 3: Questions and Answers continued 19:17
Here's what you'll learn in this webinar:
Part 1 - Welcome, Speaker Introductions, Introduction to the Healthcare Support Worker role, Introduction to Jenny, Q&A session
- Introduction to Jenny and the Healthcare Support Worker role
- What does a recruiter look for in an applicant? Are qualifications and experience required?
- Transferable skills beneficial to the role
- Salary, benefits that come with the role, shift patterns
- A typical “day in the life of a Healthcare Support Worker”
- The training involved, "lifelong learning", further development and future career paths
- How to find a Healthcare Support Worker role and tips for the application and interview process
- Q&A including; what the NHS looks for in applicants, interview tips, salary progression, different Healthcare Support Worker specialisms
Part 2 - Introduction to Yusuf, His Journey as a Career Changer, What Yusuf Loves about the Role, Q&A session
- Yusuf's background and experience, desire and passion for the role, and teamwork
- From hospital porter to Healthcare Support Worker to Theatre Support Worker
- Q&A including; at what Yusuf decided he wanted a career change, the toughest part of the role, what Yusuf considers the most valuable skills required to do his job, how the pandemic affected his role
Part 3 - Questions and Answers continued
- What qualifications are required/beneficial?
- Application and interview tips
- What the recruitment process is like
- Apprenticeships available
- Reasonable adjustments made for those with physical/learning impairments
- How "Healthcare Support Worker" is an umbrella term
Who is this course for?
This webinar is perfect for anyone who is looking to start a great new career in the NHS, and are looking for tips and guidance.
No previous experience or qualifications are needed to take this course.