Add to basket or enquire
This nationally accredited FREE online Level 2 qualification provides a broad and balanced introduction to the health sector and the multitude of career paths that exist within it.
- Learn about best practice for a wide range of health sector roles.
- Improve your communication skills to enhance interactions with service users.
- Formalise your understanding and knowledge of your current healthcare role.
- Gain industry-relevant skills and take your first steps into the health sector.
Successful completion of this course leads to a nationally-accredited Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Working in the Health Sector. This is a Government funded nationally-accredited qualification – which means that if you are eligible you can study for free!
Benefits of studying with vision2learn
- It’s FREE for eligible learners.
- Study 100% online at your own pace, whenever and wherever you like.
- Gain a vocational qualification valued by UK employers.
- One-to-one support from a dedicated tutor throughout your course.
- Free additional online and telephone customer support.
All courses are subject to availability, so apply today to secure your place.
Unit 1: Understand the role of the healthcare worker
- Exploring a work role in a healthcare setting
- Understanding working relationships in a healthcare setting
- Becoming aware of the importance of working in ways that are agreed with the employer
- Discovering the importance of working in partnership with others in healthcare settings
- Understanding the limits of own expertise and knowledge and when to refer to others
- Be able to present a positive image of self, organisation and service
Unit 2: Communication skills for working in the health sector
- How to promote effective communication
- How to meet the communication needs of individuals
- How to maintain accurate and complete records
- How to maintain confidentiality
Unit 3: Personal development in the health sector
- Knowing how to identify own personal development needs
- Identifying ways to support own personal development
- Understanding how a personal development plan can contribute to own learning and development
Unit 4: Health, safety and security in the health sector
- How to assist in maintaining a healthy, safe and secure working environment consistent with legislation and organisational policies and procedures
- The use of risk assessments in relation to health and safety
- How to reduce the spread of infections in healthcare settings
- How to summon immediate help in an emergency
- The need for, and ways of reporting incidents related to health, safety and security
Unit 5: Understand quality standards that apply in healthcare settings
- Identifying quality standards that apply to healthcare settings
- How these quality standards are monitored, evaluated and maintained in the health sector and
- How to use resources efficiently to support quality standards
Unit 6: Equality and diversity in the health sector
- Understanding the importance of diversity, equality and inclusion
- How legislation and codes of practice support equality and diversity
- Knowing how to work in ways that support equality and diversity and
- How to respond to discriminatory behaviour
How to access information, advice and support about diversity, equality, inclusion and discrimination
Who is this course for?
People looking for a qualification to help them find a new job or enhance their performance in their current role, learn new skills to fulfil a personal learning goal, or experience the benefits of online learning.
To be eligible for a free place you must be:
- 19 or over at the start of the current academic year 31st August
- Resident of England only and does not cover Northern Ireland or Wales
- UK or EU resident of three years or longer or outside of the EU be able to provide Visa Evidence
- Your employment status or prior level of qualification may affect your eligibility to study with some colleges.
- You are able to complete the course regardless if you are working or receiving benefits. If you receive benefits, you will be asked to provide evidence in the form a current award letter.
This qualification can help to enter the health sector and explore the multitude of career paths that exist within it. It aids career progression in a wide range of different sectors, including healthcare, social services and many more.