Working in the Health Sector Level 2
Fully funded by the Skills Funding Agency
- Exam(s) / assessment(s) is included in price
- Tutor is available to students
This nationally accredited FREE online Level 2 qualification provides a broad and balanced introduction to the health sector and the multitude of career paths that exist within it.
- Learn about best practice for a wide range of health sector roles.
- Improve your communication skills to enhance interactions with service users.
- Formalise your understanding and knowledge of your current healthcare role.
- Gain industry-relevant skills and take your first steps into the health sector.
Successful completion of this course leads to a nationally-accredited Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Working in the Health Sector. This is a Government funded nationally-accredited qualification – which means that if you are eligible you can study for free!
Benefits of studying with vision2learn
- It’s FREE for eligible learners.
- Study 100% online at your own pace, whenever and wherever you like.
- Gain a vocational qualification valued by UK employers.
- One-to-one support from a dedicated tutor throughout your course.
- Free additional online and telephone customer support.
All courses are subject to availability, so apply today to secure your place.
Unit 1: Understand the role of the healthcare worker
- Exploring a work role in a healthcare setting
- Understanding working relationships in a healthcare setting
- The importance of working in ways that are agreed with the employer
- The importance of working in partnership with others in healthcare settings
- The limits of own expertise and knowledge and when to refer to others
- How to present a positive image of self, organisation and service
Unit 2: Communication skills for working in the health sector
- How to promote effective communication
- How to meet the communication needs of individuals
- How to maintain accurate and complete records
- How to maintain confidentiality
Unit 3: Personal development in the health sector
- How to identify own personal development needs
- Ways to support own personal development
- How a personal development plan can contribute to own learning and development
Unit 4: Health, safety and security in the health sector
- How to assist in maintaining a healthy, safe and secure working environment consistent with legislation and organisational policies and procedures
- The use of risk assessments in relation to health and safety
- How to reduce the spread of infections in healthcare settings
- How to summon immediate help in an emergency
- The need for, and ways of reporting incidents related to health, safety and security
Unit 5: Understand quality standards that apply in healthcare settings
- Quality standards that apply to healthcare settings
- How quality standards are monitored, evaluated and maintained in the health sector
- How to use resources efficiently to support quality standards
Unit 6: Equality and diversity in the health sector
- The importance of diversity, equality and inclusion
- How legislation and codes of practice support equality and diversity
- How to work in ways that support equality and diversity
- How to respond to discriminatory behaviour
How to access information, advice and support about diversity, equality, inclusion and discrimination
Who is this course for?
People looking for a qualification to help them find a new job or enhance their performance in their current role, learn new skills to fulfil a personal learning goal, or experience the benefits of online learning.
To be eligible for a free place you must be:
- 19 or over at the start of the current academic year 31st August
- resident of England only and not Northern Ireland
- UK or EU resident of three years or longer or outside of the EU be able to provide Visa Evidence
- Your employment status or prior level of qualification may affect your eligibility to study with some colleges.
- You are able to complete the course regardless if you are working or receiving benefits. If you receive benefits, you will be asked to provide evidence in the form a current award letter.
This qualification can aid career progression in a wide range of different sectors, including healthcare, social services and many more.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.