Add to basket or enquire
Elevate your knowledge of nutrition. Are you looking to further your understanding of nutrition? This course will boost your knowledge of healthy eating, weight management and food preparation.
Join 40,000 learners who have upskilled with Strive Training!
- This is a fully-funded course - Anyone aged 19 or over who has been living in the European Union for the last 3 years (eligibility applies)
- Nationally accredited qualification
- Takes on average 5 - 10 weeks
- Engaging online learning
- Learn at your own pace
- Expert 1-to-1 support - Ongoing personal guidance from expert assessors
- Employment support - Benefit from our network of top employers who are looking to hire
Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health (RQF)
- Course Content - download
This qualification aims to help improve your understanding of nutrition and health, you will cover factors such as the principles of healthy eating and of effective weight management, nutrition in the context of eating disorders and how to effectively prepare food safely in a home environment.
Course Length: On average, this course is completed within 5 – 10 weeks. But the more time you dedicate, the sooner you can complete it. The pace of the learning is up to you.
Free Course for: Anyone aged 19 or over who is unemployed (and in receipt of benefits) and has been living in the European Union for the last 3 years.
Certified Awarding Body: TQUK
What you'll learn:
1. Explore the principles of healthy eating
In this unit you will explore what a healthy diet is and how your diet directly affects your general health. You will also examine various lifestyle diseases, the role different nutrients play in assisting how your body functions and learn how to plan a healthy meal and prepare food safely.
2. Consider the nutritional needs of a variety of individuals
This unit looks at how nutritional needs alter with age from children up to older people, and focuses on the specific dietary requirements of these demographics. You will also learn the factors that create barriers to a healthy lifestyle.
3. Use food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet
In this unit you will gain an increased awareness of the information that is provided on food labels and how this can be used to plan healthier meals and encourage a healthier diet. You will also look at the advantages and disadvantages of food additives and evaluate your own diet.
4. The principles of weight management
This unit explores the risks associated with ineffective weight management and highlights how to implement effective methods of weight management. You will look at how societal demands for a particular body image can negatively influence weight management and how to plan a short-term weight management programme that works for you.
5. Understanding eating disorders
In this unit you will study different eating disorders and their effect on health and well-being. You will also look in more detail at the complex connection between food and feelings and how to access information and support in relation to eating disorders.
6. Principles of food safety for the home environment
This unit will cover how to implement food safety in a safe environment, avoid contamination and identify hazards. You will also learn about the importance of personal hygiene when handling food.
This online course features engaging content such as
- Interactive case studies
- First class resources
- Games and quizzes
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for anyone currently working in or interested in working in the health and nutrition sector. It's also geared toward anyone looking to enhance their career performance by providing better advice on leading a healthy lifestyle.
This qualification is 100% government funded if:
- Are unemployed in receipt of benefit (Subject to eligibility)
- On the 31st of August 2019, you were aged 19 or over
- You must currently live in England. However, anyone living in the following areas is not eligible for funding: Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, Greater Manchester, Liverpool City Region, Tees Valley, West Midlands and West of England
- You have lived in the European Union for the last 3 years (unless you have have been given a special Visa/Residence permits that gives you the permanent right to remain)
- Can provide Identifications and relevant documentation as required
- If on the 31st of August 2019, you were aged between 19-23, you need to have gained a full level 2 qualification
- Access to PC/laptop
- Must be able to commit to at least 3 hours of learning per day
- Catering Assistant
- Personal Trainer
- Nutrition Coach
- Gym Assistant
- Gym Receptionist
- Corporate Wellness Consultant
- Nutrition Writer
- Nutrition Assistant
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.