Train the Trainer Essentials - Developing Effective and Confident Training Techniques
- Tutor is available to students
Covering the fundamentals of design, delivery and evaluation, this intensive course gives new trainers a unique opportunity to learn from the experts.
This practical three-day course provides a comprehensive foundation for new trainers in training session design, development and delivery. Delegate numbers are restricted to eight to allow time for the use of videos as an aid to training style development.
This course covers:
The Role of Training and the Trainer
- What is training?
- Why organisations need training?
- What makes an excellent trainer?
- Body language
- Voice skills
The Learning Process
- Systematic training cycle
- Training Needs Analysis
- Kolb’s learning cycle
- Honey & Mumford’s learning styles
- Range of training methods
Planning and Preparing Training
- Training objectives
- Planning training
- How trainees learn
- Training session structure
- Introduction and summary
- PRO approach
- Conscious competence learning model
Training Methods and Visual Aids
- Accelerated learning
- Multiple intelligences
- Helping the learners learn
- Top trainer tips
- Running group activities and examples
- Transferring learning back to the workplace
- Questioning techniques, listening and pauses
- Handling nerves
- Visual aids - selecting appropriate visual aids
Group Dynamics, Evaluation and Individual Practice with Group Feedback
- Dealing with groups
- Managing difficult trainees
- Problem people and behaviour
- Evaluation of training
- Delivery practice with group feedback
- Training websites
Who is this course for?
Suitable for new trainers and individuals who are looking to build their skills and confidence in training session planning, preparation and delivery of a variety of training solutions.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.