- Course type Classroom course
- Duration 3 Days, Full-time
Tutor is available to students.
Covering the fundamentals of design, delivery and evaluation, this intensive course gives new trainers a unique opportunity to learn from the experts.
This practical three-day course provides a comprehensive foundation for new trainers in training session design, development and delivery. Delegate numbers are restricted to eight to allow time for the use of videos as an aid to training style development.
This course covers:
The Role of the Trainer
- Why organisations train
- Meeting the needs of the business
- Supporting organisational objectives and strategies
- The qualities of a successful trainer
The Learning Process
- How people learn
- Learning styles - maximising individual development through the learning process
- Identifying trainees - the selection criteria
- Adapting your training style to meet the needs of the groups
Establishing and Meeting Training Objectives
- Establishing and writing objectives - ensuring the success of your training sessions
- Building course content - deciding on depth and scope of material
- Sequencing materials and developing course structure
- Building in questions to support the learning process
Training Methods and Visual Aids
- Using visual aids for maximum effect - selecting appropriate visual aids
- Working with whiteboards, transparencies and flipcharts
- Using computer-based presentation packages
- Selecting appropriate training methods - trainee analysis
- Trainer-led facilitation and group discussion
- Training methods review - video, syndicate exercises, etc
- The make-up and structure of groups
- Anticipating and overcoming trainee problems
- Handling difficult trainees
Training Delivery and Evaluation
- Training exercises; design and delivery of training sessions
- Each delegate will undertake practical sessions through the duration of the course
- These encompass the writing of session objectives, content development and training delivery. Video will be used to aid this process.
- Effectively measuring learning outcomes
- Short and long term measurement
- Formulating an action plan
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials and you will have no contract with Reed.