Thirsty Scholars Partnership
Add to basket or enquire
This OFQUAL regulated distance learning qualification is recognised by schools and OFSTED. You will have full support and guidance from personal tutor for the duration of the course. There is no experience required, just a great attitude and desire to make a difference to the development of children and young people. Upon completion, you will be fully certified and able to apply for Teaching Assistant jobs in schools at Level 3. With our recruitment links we can also help you find work. We advise you take an OFQUAL regulated qualification over a CPD accredited course as they are not recognised by schools.
Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
*RECOGNISED QUALIFICATION REGULATED BY OFQUAL | GUIDANCE & ADVICE ON FINDING WORK IN A SCHOOL
- This is a distance-learning course that can be completed in your own time.
- No time limit.
- Assignments will be accessed via the online learning portal when they are to be completed and returned to the course tutor for assessment.
- You will receive timely feedback in order to improve your work should you need to.
- After the successful completion of the course you will receive your nationally recognised certificate.
- Free access to our CPD suite with a library of on demand bite sized courses inc Safeguarding and Intro to SEN
- Understand child and young person development.
- Support learning activities.
- Understand how to safeguard the welfare of children and young people.
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults.
- Promote equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people.
- Support assessment for learning.
- Develop professional relationships with children, young people and adults.
- Support children and young people’s health and safety.
- Promote children and young people’s positive behaviour.
- Schools as organisations.
- Engage in personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings.
Who is this course for?
The is no experience required for this role but you will be passionate about supporting the development of children and making a difference. You may be ...
- An unqualified Teaching Assistant or Level 2 Teaching Assistant looking to develop your skills and improve your employment opportunities.
- A non classroom based school worker looking to support teaching and learning.
- Someone who has always wanted to work with children but doesn't know where to start or have the time to attend college.
- A parent looking for term time only work and a role that fits around family life.
- Someone looking for a way to gain valuable experience as a Teaching Assistant before applying for Teacher training.
- A Nursery Nurse or someone working with children in a non school setting.
- A Support Worker or Care Assistant looking to transfer skills over to Education.
Ideally a minimum of Level 2 in English and Maths.
This qualification is perfect if you want to gain employment as Level 3 Teaching Assistant in a Primary, Secondary or SEN school. You may also want to progress onto becoming a HLTA or Teacher in the future.