Add to basket or enquire
SENCO: Unlock the power of communication!
If you're looking for a career that offers a way to make an impact in the lives of students and families, then our SENCO course may be the right fit for you.
How is this course helpful?
The term "special education needs coordination" (SENCO) refers to the additional educational support that a pupil may require if they have a disability or learning issue. You can improve the lives of special needs children and their families by taking our SENCO course. With the appropriate knowledge and abilities, you may contribute to the development of an inclusive and nurturing learning environment where everyone can succeed.
Let’s discover what we offer!
This SENCO course covers a wide range of issues, including comprehending the legal and procedural needs of special education, regulating behaviour, and fostering communication and social skills. The course also covers material on assessment, data gathering, and progress tracking. Last but not least, our SENCO course gives a general overview of the various special education programs and related services that are available to assist children with special needs.
So, make the first move and enrol right now to start changing the lives of families and children with special needs.
- Describe the variety of special educational needs present in the school or age group.
- Understand the laws, rules, and regulations that affect special education needs.
- Recognise several strategies and techniques for helping pupils with special educational needs.
- Make arrangements for working together with students, parents, organisations, and specialists.
- Take action to create and maintain a welcoming learning environment.
- Create assessment and intervention programs to meet the needs of students with special educational needs.
- Show that you are conscious of your ethical responsibilities and commitments when working with pupils who are experiencing specific learning challenges.
Why People Enrol this Course From One Education:
- Eligibility for an Endorsed certificate upon successful completion of this course
- Learning materials of our course contains engaging voiceover and visual elements for your comfort
- Get 24/7 access to all course content for a full year
- Complete the course at your own pace
- Each of our students gets full tutor support on weekdays (Monday to Friday)
- Efficient assessments and instant results upon completion of our course
- Course 1: Teaching Assistant
- Course 2: Child Language Disorder (CLD)
The SEN (Special Educational Needs) Co-ordination curriculum covers a wide range of topics related to the role of SENCOs (Special Educational Needs Co-ordinators) in schools. The curriculum begins with an introduction to SEN co-ordination, followed by an exploration of the SENCO's role in policy and practice. The curriculum then delves into the roles and responsibilities of the SENCO within the context of whole school SEN co-ordination, including supporting teaching and learning, working with the senior leadership team, and collaborating with professionals and organizations beyond the school.
In addition, the curriculum covers developing relationships with pupils and parents, the SENCO's role in leading and managing SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities) administration, and the challenges and opportunities faced by SENCOs in their work. The curriculum also focuses on developing inclusive practice and explores the future role of the SENCO in supporting students with special educational needs.
Curriculum Breakdown of the SENCO – Special Educational Needs Coordination Course
- Introduction to SEN Co-ordination
- The SENCO Role in Policy and Practice
- Roles and Responsibilities within whole School SEN Co-ordination
- Supporting Teaching and Learning
- The SENCO and the Senior Leadership Team
- Supporting Colleagues and Working with Professionals and Organisations Beyond the School
- Developing Relationship with Pupils and Parents
- SENCO’s Role in Leading and Managing SEND Administration
- Challenges and Opportunities
- Developing Inclusive Practice and the Future SENCO Role
How is the SEN Coordination course assessed?
To simplify the procedure of evaluation and accreditation for learners, we provide an automated assessment system. Upon completion of an online module, you will immediately be given access to a specifically crafted MCQ test. The results will be evaluated instantly, and the score displayed for your perusal. For each test, the pass mark will be set to 60%.
Who is this course for?
- This course is designed for individuals who want to become a SENCO or are currently serving in this role.
- It may also be relevant for teachers, school leaders, and other education professionals who work with students with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
- The course covers a wide range of topics related to the role of SENCOs in schools, including policy and practice, roles and responsibilities, supporting teaching and learning, and working with colleagues and professionals beyond the school.
- It also focuses on developing relationships with pupils and parents, leading and managing SEND administration, and developing inclusive practice.
- The course is suitable for those who work in primary or secondary schools, as well as those working in further education and other educational settings.
There are no specific prerequisites to enrol in this course. Anyone and everyone can take this course.
Professionals in this sector tend to pursue their careers in the following fields,
- SEN Learning Support Assistant
- SEN Behavioural Teaching Assistant
- Special Needs Teacher
- SENCO Specialist
- SEN Teaching Assistant
In the UK, the average SENCO income is £31,200 per year, or £16 per hour. Starting pay for entry-level jobs is £23,660 per year.
Questions and answers
hi , can you please tell me how many hours a week is the course and is there specific days for the course thanksAnswer:
Dear Patrice, Thank you for contacting us. The estimated course duration is 04 hours of continuous study. However, you will get one year access to the course after purchasing and you can complete it anytime within a year. You are free to study the course at your own pace. Stay Safe Stay Healthy.This was helpful.
Do you get a certificate or proof that you completed the course?Answer:
Dear Nicola, Thank you for contacting us. Yes, upon successful completion of the course, you will receive an accredited certificate. Stay Safe Stay Healthy.This was helpful.
What happens if you fail trhe exam the first time round?Answer:
Dear Shamshad, Thank you for contacting us. If you fail your final exam at the first attempt, you can retake the exam. Stay Safe Stay Healthy.This was helpful.
Certificate of completion (PDF)
Digital certificate - £9
After successfully completing this SEN Coordination, you will qualify for the CPD accredited certificate from One Education, as proof of your continued professional development. Certification is available in both PDF & hardcopy format, which can be received by paying —
- PDF Certificate: £9
Certificate of completion (Hardcopy)
Hard copy certificate - £15
- Hardcopy Certificate (within the UK): £15
- Hardcopy Certificate (international): £15 + £10 (postal charge) = £25
Certificate of completion (Hardcopy)
Hard copy certificate - £109
After successfully completing the SEN Coordination, learners will be able to order an endorsed certificate as proof of their achievement. Hardcopy of this certificate of achievement endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme can be ordered and received straight to your home by post, by paying —
- Within the UK: £109
- International: £109 + £10 (postal charge) = £119