Add to basket or enquire
If you are inspired by gardens and their design then you will want to explore the art of garden design. Our comprehensive course is a great introduction for anyone who wants to take his or her flare and creativity to a professional level. And that’s not all… The course gives great guidance to help you start your own business.
Why should I enrol onto this course?
This fun-filled, self-paced programme has been organised into 12 easy-to-digest modules to provide you with all the skills and confidence you need to tackle your own garden design projects more professionally. With the help of this flexible programme, learning has never been so easy to sculpt into your daily routine.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
This course will take you step by step through the basic principles of Garden Design to Costing and estimation.
- Understand the influence of history and tradition from other countries.
- Identify the key contributors to the design and planning of gardens.
- Recognise and understand how the relationship develops between ‘The Garden Designer and his client’.
- Investigate The Basic Principles of Garden Design.
- Compare the balance of structures, spaces and areas to consider when designing a garden.
- Understand the terms used in garden design and planning.
- Understand how to take accurate measurements.
- Learn how to produce a scale drawing.
- Identify what needs to be covered in a plan.
- Understand ways in which plants can be used in a garden.
- Evaluate the basic principles of garden design.
- Establish the main points that need to be considered when preparing a garden.
- Grasp the techniques to help you accommodate slopes.
- Identify the equipment and tools required to execute your design.
- Understand the different types of soil and how to improve them.
- Look at the different options available for irrigation.
- Compare the different materials and designs for surfaces and groundwork.
- Understand the procedure for laying a lawn .
- Learn how to construct steps.
- Understand the structure of a ramp.
- Understand basic planting procedure.
- Discover how the procedure would vary for bare root plants.
- Recognise the general care of plants.
- Identify the various structures that can be regarded as a feature.
- Look at various edging options for the garden.
- Understand what needs to be considered when planning for a water feature.
- Compare the different options for dividing areas or securing boundaries.
- Understand how to calculate areas.
- Gain an outline of how to calculate costs involved.
- Learn the process for operating a business.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- No pre-requisite.
- Readily available for you to access online from anywhere.
- At the end of each unit there is a multiple choice question assessment, which is a great way to help you remember the main points of each lesson and confirmation that you have retained the essential knowledge.
- Turn your hobby into an income-bearing career.
UNITS OF STUDY
- Introduction - Garden Design Influences
- Client-Designer Relationship -The Basic Principles of Garden Design
- Planning the Garden
- Taking measurements
- Drawing the Plan
- Preparing the garden
- Equipment, Tools, Soil and Irrigation
- Lawns and Steps
- Garden features
- Costing and estimation
Course completion certificate included.
Free technical support available 7am-7pm GMT via email, telephone or online chat.
This course is compatible with Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
Learn anytime, anywhere!
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.