Training Express Ltd
Add to basket or enquire
This stroke awareness course is designed to provide healthcare professionals and therapists with a deeper understanding of strokes, their causes, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment. It is also for anyone who wants to learn more about stroke prevention.
Did you know that in the UK, every five minutes someone will fall victim to a stroke? This in-depth training course, you will deepen your knowledge of the lifestyle and biological factors that cause strokes, how to recognise the signs of a stroke attack, stroke first aid procedures and post-stroke care provision.
You will also gain a comprehensive understanding of the stroke recovery process, that every certified healthcare professional should be familiar with. This course includes in-depth case studies and practical exercises led by an expert instructor and qualified professional.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the signs and symptoms of a stroke
- Identify the different types of stroke and their causes
- Understand the treatment available for stroke patients and the recovery process
- Discuss in-depth the health issues that can arise after a stroke and post-stroke care
- Take action and know what to do in the case of a stroke emergency
- Follow the stroke prevention guidelines and understand the key factors that trigger a stroke
Key Features of Stroke Awareness Course:
Our trusted, high quality and affordable online courses are designed to train individuals to become experts in their field.
- Accredited, quality CPD training
- Instant e-certificate and hard copy dispatch by next working day
- Fully online, interactive course with audio voiceover
- Developed by qualified health and safety professionals
- Self-paced learning accessible via laptop, tablet and smartphone
- 24/7 Learning assistance and tutor support
- Discounts on bulk purchases
Module 1: Signs and Symptoms
In module one, we will explore the sign and symptoms of a stroke, and learn how to recognise when someone is suffering from a stroke.
Module 2: Types of Stroke and Their Causes
In module two, we will learn about the different types of strokes and the fundamental lifestyle and biological factors that trigger them.
Module 3: Diagnosis, Treatment and Recovery
In module three, we will gain an in-depth understanding of the diagnosis, treatment and recovery processes for stroke victims
Module 4: Post Stroke Problems and Care
In module four, we will develop our knowledge of post-stroke care and the different health issues that stem from a stroke attack.
All of our courses are fully accredited, providing you with up-to-date skills and knowledge and helping you to become more competent and effective in your chosen field.
Once you’ve successfully completed your course, you will immediately be sent a digital certificate. Also, you can have your printed certificate delivered by post (shipping cost £3.99). Our certifications have no expiry dates, although we do recommend that you renew them every 12 months.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for healthcare professionals and anyone looking to develop their understanding of strokes and their causes, such as:
- Stroke Speech & Language Therapists
- Neurology Nurses
- Consultant Stroke Physicians
- Stroke Physiotherapists
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.