Add to basket or enquire
If you are aspiring to start your career as a speech and language therapist or want to boost your skills and knowledge in speech and language therapy, then this speech and language therapy training course will set you up with the appropriate skills and expertise needed to take your career to the next level.
This speech and language therapy training course is accredited by the CPD UK & IPHM. CPD is globally recognised by employers, professional organisations and academic intuitions, thus a certificate from CPD Certification Service creates value towards your professional goal and achievement. CPD certified certificates are accepted by thousands of professional bodies and government regulators here in the UK and around the world.
This extensive CPD UK & IPHM accredited speech and language therapy training course has been designed to equip you with the essential knowledge and skills needed to become an expert speech and language therapist and will give you all the theoretical knowledge & credentials that you need to excel in your new role.
This comprehensive speech and language therapy training course will give you all the necessary skills and a valuable insight into speech and language therapy to boost your career towards senior positions and possibilities, by getting the essential skills and knowledge you’ll need from this speech and language therapy training course. There are always new skills to learn and new knowledge to accumulate when you work as a speech and language therapist, this speech and language therapy training course will fully prepare you to embrace all of the essential skills and knowledge in this field.
Enrol today and get started on your journey to improve your career prospects with the latest skills and the power of self-belief!
Why Choose This Speech and Language Therapy Training Course:
- Accredited by The CPD UK and International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine (IPHM)
- FREE Course Completion PDF & Hardcopy Certificate of Completion, MCQ Exam & 24/7 Support Included
- Dual (CPD UK and IPHM) accredited certificate in 1 single course
- Get trained by industry experts
- Easy to use and easy to follow
- Learn the most in-demand skills
- Expert tutors are always available for you via email
- Kickstart your career with quality training
- Course Completion PDF & Hardcopy Certificate, MCQ Exam & 24/7 Support Included
- 2 Accreditation (CPD UK and IPHM) in 1 Course
- 1: Obtain Your Student ID Card 01:00
- 2: An Introduction to Speech Therapy 12:00
- 3: Decoding Speech Science 10:00
- 4: Characteristics of Speech 08:00
- 5: Language Acquisition And Literacy Development 06:00
- 6: Speech and Communication Disorders 06:00
- 7: Mock Assessment - 1 05:00
- 8: Child Speech and Language Disorders 10:00
- 9: SLTs role in helping a child with Speech and Language Disorders 10:00
- 10: Adult Speech and Language Disorders 11:00
- 11: Conclusion 01:00
- 12: Mock Assessment - 2 02:00
- 13: Final Assessment 04:00
- 14: Obtain Your Accredited Certificate of Achievement 01:00
The speech and language therapy training is one of our most popular training courses and is perfect for those individuals who want to start a new career path as a speech and language therapist, as well as established professionals who want to test their existing abilities and learn the latest techniques.
This comprehensive speech and language therapy training course has been divided into 9 interactive lessons. This makes for a more stimulating and comprehensive study of all the essential areas of speech and language therapy, which also means that learners will be able to absorb the knowledge in manageable and intuitive segments and retain the vital information without even realising it.
This fully inclusive speech and language therapy training course includes the following modules:
Learn how to increase your expertise in speech and language therapy by taking the following modules of this popular speech and language therapy training course. This speech and language therapy training course has been specially crafted to allow you to extend your knowledge base in this area and provide excellent groundwork for adapting your skillset and requirements in your chosen job role.
Module 1: An Introduction to Speech Therapy
- Speech and Language Therapy: Overview
- Importance of Speech and Language Therapy
- Who is a Speech and Language Therapist (SLP)?
- Role and responsibilities of a Speech and language therapist?
- Where and who do Speech and language therapists work with?
- Clinical guidelines for Speech and Language Therapists
- Standards of conduct, performance and ethics -HCPC
Module 2: Decoding Speech Science
- Speech Science
- The Speech Chain
- Speech Production - An Introduction to sensation and perception
- Understanding Speech Intelligibility
- Physiology and Anatomy of the Human Face
- The Structure and Function of the Human Nervous System
Module 3: Characteristics of Speech: Linguistics Disciplines
- Phonetics and Phonology
- Syntax and Semantics
- Pragmatics or Social Language Use
- Other characteristics of language and speech
Module 4: Language Acquisition and Literacy Development
- Literacy and Speech Therapy
- The Pre-Literacy Period in Newborns and Toddlers
- Language Acquisition in Early Childhood
- Language Development
- Bilingualism and Multiculturism
Module 5: Speech and Communication Disorders
- Communication Disorders - Definition and meaning
- Difference between Speech and Communication disorders
- Types of Communication Disorders
- Types of Speech and Language Disorders
- The difference between disorders, impairments, disabilities and diseases
- Causes of Speech and Communication Disorders
Module 6: Child Speech and Language Disorders
- Speech Disorder
- Language Disorder
- Early diagnosis
- Medical and Developmental condition
Module 7: SLTs role in helping a child with Speech and Language Disorders
- Listening Difficulties
- Understanding Difficulties
- Expressive Language Difficulties
- Speech Sound Difficulties
- Fluency Difficulties
- Reluctant Speakers
- Social Communication Difficulties
- Suggestions for Small Group Work
Module 8: Adult Speech and Language Disorders
- Causes of Speech and Language Disorder
- Diagnosis of speech impairment
- Medical and Developmental condition
- Role of SLPs in treating disorders
Certificate of Completion
On completion of the speech and language therapy training course, you will be eligible to order your free PDF & Hardcopy certificate of course completion. There is a minimum postal charge applicable to obtain the hardcopy course completion certificate which is:
- Inside the UK = £6.49
- International Students = £17.49
CPD UK and IPHM Accredited Certificate of Achievement
On completion of the speech and language therapy training course, you will be eligible to obtain the CPD UK and IPHM accredited certificate of achievement (dual certificate) to evidence your new skill and accomplishment, as well as your knowledge and skill set. You can also share this certificate with prospective employers and your professional network. The CPD UK and IPHM accredited certificate of achievement (dual certificate) is available in PDF format, at the cost of £12, or a hardcopy can be sent via post at the cost of £35.
All the lessons in this speech and language therapy training course will only take a few minutes to complete, which means that it caters to every type of lifestyle and study method. Study breaks can be quickly scheduled, as can long and intensive periods of learning. You can make the most of your personal time, even if you only have 10 to 15 minutes free at any one time. Make this course work for you.
We don’t believe in placing time limits on learning, so you will never have to rush and complete a course before a strict deadline. Just concentrate on your goals and study in your own time and at your own pace with no unnecessary pressure.
Who is this course for?
This comprehensive speech and language therapy training course is ideal for anyone who is looking to improve their skills and move on to more challenging roles in this sector. Completion of the speech and language therapy training course will prove your learning potential and provide the impetus to boost their career into whatever direction they choose but gaining an up-to-date perspective of everything involving speech and language therapy.
The speech and language therapy training course will provide both established professionals and relative newcomers to speech and language therapy with some real advantages, earning impressive recognition and acquiring skills which will make any candidate’s CV stand out in a crowded marketplace.
There is no previous experience or specific entry requirements needed to enrol into this speech and language therapy training course, any student from any background, and of any age, can enrol into this speech and language therapy training course and learn at their own pace.
This speech and language therapy training course will bring you new opportunities and new possibilities in an ever-changing job market. Gain the latest techniques, theories, knowledge and confidence that you’ll need to procure the dream job you’ve been looking for. To achieve all this and to gather more valuable credits on your CV, this course could be a critical part of your future.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Reed courses certificate of completion
Digital certificate - Included
Will be downloadable when all lectures have been completed
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.