NCC Home Learning
Add to basket or enquire
Have you ever thought about becoming a teaching assistant in a school? Perhaps, eventually, you’d like to progress to HLTA status? The level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools is the perfect starting point for you to begin achieving these dreams.
The full RQF qualification you will receive upon successfully completing this course will allow you to progress into employment as a teaching assistant, learning support assistant and many more. Begin your journey today.
Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools (RQF)
- Unit 1: Understand Children’s and Young People’s Development
- Unit 2: Understand How to Safeguard the Wellbeing of Children and Young People
- Unit 3: Support Children’s and Young People's Health and Safety
- Unit 4: Engage in personal development in children & young people’s settings
- Unit 5: Support learning activities
- Unit 6: Promote children’s and young people’s positive behaviour
- Unit 7: Develop professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Unit 8: Promote equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people
- Unit 9: Support assessment for learning
- Unit 10: Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Unit 11: Schools as organisations
- Unit 12: Support children’s speech, language and communication
- Unit 13: Support disabled children and young people and those with special educational needs
- Unit 14: Support children and young people with behaviour, emotional and social development needs
Duration study load
- 250 hours
- No previous knowledge required
- 12 months expert tutor support
- Certificate of completion
As part of this work placement, you must first ensure that a member of staff with occupational competence is able to provide supervision and sign the witness testimonies, to prove you have achieved the work-based learning outcomes of this course.
A work placement of at least 50 hours is required to complete this option. This workplace MUST be in a school setting. This can either be a primary, secondary or special school, however, you must also ensure that the pupils you work with are aged 5+ and are studying at Key Stage 1 or above.
- Training Qualifications UK
TQUK are fully approved as an awarding organisation by Ofqual and award RQF courses in a number of sectors. RQF courses have various credit values which can be applied to the National Credit Transfer System.
This programme is fully assessed via tutor-marked assignments. Upon completion of each module, the learner will be required to complete a series of tasks, requiring essay style answers, which are sent to the tutor for marking. Observation of certain tasks by a competent person (manager) will also be required.
Who is this course for?
This qualification is recommended for those who aspire to work in teaching assistant roles in school settings with pupils aged over 5 years and studying Key Stage 1 or above with addition of SEN related units.
A work placement of at least 50 hours is needed to prove you have achieved the work-based learning outcomes.
No previous experience or knowledge is required to apply for this course. You can choose when to start the course at any point up to 12 months from initial registration with complete tutor support.
Popular job roles include: Special Educational Needs Assistant, Teaching Assistant and Learning Support Assistant
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.