Master the practical skills and understanding the fundamental aspects needed for pursuing a career as a Social Worker or Nursing Assistant.
This best ever course is suitable for anyone interested in working in this sector or who simply wants to learn more about the topic. If you’re an individual looking to excel within this field then Community Worker Training Course is for you.
We’ve taken this comprehensive course and broken it down into several manageable modules which we believe will assist you to easily grasp each concept – from the fundamental to the most advanced aspects of the course. It really is a sure pathway to success.
Benefits of studying Community Worker Training Course:
- 24/7 access to the course for 12 months
- No hidden fees or exam charges
- CPD endorsed certification on successful completion
- Full Tutor support on weekdays (Monday – Friday)
- Efficient exam system, assessment and instant results
- Improve your chance of gaining professional skills and better earning potential.
This Community Worker Training Course will provide you with a comprehensive overview of the skills and techniques required in today’s modern social and healthcare industry. Initially, you’ll understand the patient’s hygiene procedures, including environmental health and safety awareness for the practising nurses, oral hygiene, and many more. You’ll learn how to secure patient safety and comfort in the adult care setting and assess the needs of the patient by promoting health and safety standards and provide thorough support for the patient and their families. Additionally, learn the techniques to prevent collisions, falls and protect patients who are at risk from trauma, injury, burns or scalds.
This course is designed with the following modules:
- Introduction to Adult Nursing
- Communication in Nursing
- Communication Theories in Nursing
- Health and Safety in Nursing
Psychology of Older Age
- What is ‘Developmental Psychology’?
- What is ‘Gerontology’?
- What we consider as ‘old age’
- What is ‘ageing’ and how it happens
- Common stereotypes of older people
- How stereotyping affects older people
- Life stages and Theories
- What do we look forward to in our older age?
Mental Health and Old Age
- Memory-related issues
- Learning disabilities
- Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia
- Chronic illness and Disabilities
- Substance abuse (addictions)
Improving Health and Wellbeing
- The effects of exercising
- Is it worth eating ‘healthy’ in older age?
- What else affects ‘health’ and ‘wellbeing’?
- Caring for older people
- Awareness and Misunderstanding
- Symptoms of Dementia
- Prevention and Treatment
- The Impact Of Stigma
- Caring for Dementia Victims
- Home Adaptations for People with Dementia
How is the course assessed?
To successfully complete the course you must pass an automated, multiple-choice assessment. The assessment is delivered through our online learning platform. You will receive the results of your assessment immediately upon completion.
While I receive a certificate of completion?
Upon successful completion you will qualify for the UK and internationally-recognised professional qualification and you can choose to make your achievement formal by obtaining your Certificate at an additional cost.
Who is this course for?
Whether you’re an existing practitioner or aspiring professional, this course will enhance your expertise and boost your CV with key skills and an accredited qualification attesting to your knowledge.
The Community Worker Training Courseis open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.