College of Media and Publishing
Add to basket or enquire
An online Social media marketing course for individuals and businesses
Practical and engaging assignments | Endorsed certification
- Certification: Quality Licence Scheme certificate of achievement.
- Endorsed by: The Quality Licence Scheme.
- Accredited by: CPD | EADL.
- Government registered?: Yes. UKRLP number: 10008168.
- Tutor support: Unlimited support from an expert.
- Tutor marked assignments: 12 practical, tutor marked assignments.
- Post-course help? Yes - expert social media marketing careers advice when you finish.
SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING COURSE SUBJECTS
This practical course covers a wide range of essential social media marketing subjects, designed to help you market yourself or your business. It is one of the most comprehensive and up to date courses on the market.
We have recently added brand new lessons and topics (see full lesson list below), including one which focuses on the advantages and disadvantages of AI, how it is affecting the market, and how social media marketers can integrate it into their roles.
This vocational social media marketing course will teach you how to use the following platforms as powerful and engaging marketing tools.
- Google Ads.
- TikTok. (New topic)
Each lesson includes a practical assignment. All assignments are personally marked and graded by your tutor, so you’ll be receiving expert feedback from a social media marketing expert at each stage of the course.
Lesson 01: Introduction to social media
- Define what social media is.
- Define how social media platforms can be used for marketing.
- Discuss social media as a way of interacting and engaging with readers.
- Explain how social media apps can build brand awareness.
- Discuss the drawbacks of social media.
- Choosing the right platforms to use.
Lesson 02: The target audience
- Discuss the importance of understanding your target audience.
- Define target audience personas.
- Understand an organisation’s persona.
Lesson 03: Using social media platforms
- Discuss the different requirements for each major platform.
- Write engaging posts for various platforms to suit an organisation and its audience.
Lesson 04: Using social media to boost SEO
- Describe what SEO is and explain how search engines work.
- Discuss the importance of keywords in SEO.
- Define page authority and how explain how links contribute to SEO.
- Use hashtags to attract search engines.
Lesson 05: Landing pages and lead generation (New lesson)
- Identify the two types of landing page.
- Describe the purpose of each type of landing page.
- Plan a landing page’s design and structure.
- Discuss how to generate leads.
- Explain the role of Calls to Action (CTAs) on landing pages.
- Discuss the importance of cookie notices.
Lesson 06: Social content research and writing
- Research for information using various methods.
- Explain why crediting your sources is important.
- Discuss the importance of quality writing for social media.
- Understand and implement good content writing techniques.
- Include CTAs, keywords and links in your content. Proofread your content.
Lesson 07: Visual content in social media
- Understand how images and videos can boost your social media marketing activity.
- Discuss the value of using the following visual content types:
- Logos and branding.
- Interactive tools.
- Interactive maps.
- Data visuals.
Lesson 08: Social media stories, reels and other tools
- Discuss the benefits of using Facebook and Instagram stories.
- Create social media stories.
- Describe how tools can streamline social media marketing.
Lesson 09: Social media advertising (New lesson)
- Explain the benefits of advertising on the web.
- Define the different types of online advertising.
- Discuss various platform advertising campaigns.
- How to use AI to assist your social media marketing. (New topic)
- Create an advertising campaign to suit a budget.
Lesson 10: Social commerce, influencers and affiliates (New lesson)
- Describe social commerce, its benefits and tools.
- Discuss the benefits using a social media marketing influencer.
- Explain how affiliate marketing works for content creators.
Lesson 11: Customer advocacy and service
- Describe customer advocacy and state its benefits.
- Discuss the benefits of good social customer service.
- Explain the importance of engaging with followers.
- Discuss strategies for interacting with different types of followers.
- List the main tools for achieving and maintaining interactivity.
Lesson 12: Planning and creating ongoing social media campaigns
- Describe what a social media marketing campaign is and what it’s for.
- Plan a social media marketing campaign.
- Track the campaign’s performance and adjust as necessary.
*** If you enquire about this course, please check your SPAM folder for the course information email. ***
- College prospectus -
Our social media marketing course equips you with the skills needed to use popular social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, YouTube and many more, as powerful marketing tools.
Many businesses settle for a token Twitter feed and Facebook page, without understanding what to do with them.
They don't realise that they could use social media to dramatically enhance their reputation, expose themselves to potential clients and customers, and most importantly increase their income.
Many leading organisations including American Express, John Lewis and The NHS use this social media marketing course to train their staff. And numerous individuals testify that it is practical, effective and great value for money.
There is a strong demand these days for people with social media marketing skills. Most organisations need people who can:
- Write compelling content for social media.
- Engage with their customers through social media channels.
- Use platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and TikTok to reach more customers.
- Build landing pages that work.
- Run successful paid advertising campaigns.
- Plan and implement social media strategies.
This comprehensive social media marketing course covers all these areas and others. And takes you through the essential features of building a web presence that puts you ahead of the competition.
We offer full guidance throughout, as well as feedback on a range of assignments specifically designed to help you put the theory into practice.
Our social media marketing course has been independently endorsed under The Quality Licence Scheme. So at the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from The Quality Licence Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the Units the learner has completed as part of the course).
In addition, you will receive the accredited CMP diploma in social media marketing, which is recognised in the UK and beyond. It proves you are a qualified social media marketer.
These certifications will enable you to apply for social media marketing jobs, find freelance work, or use your new skills in the workplace.
Course tutor: Andy Carter
We provide you with a personal tutor who will mentor you through the course, mark your assignments, and give you expert advice whenever you need it.
All our tutors are professionals who are still working in their sectors. They will be there to help you every step of the way. And you can contact them whenever you need to.
Andy Carter is our social media marketing course tutor. He has been in charge of PR and communications at Leeds city council, the London Borough of Sutton and Peterborough city council, and has vast experience in social media marketing.
Online courses are different. But most people find they are more effective and convenient than face-to-face study.
You study when, and where you want to. You fit your studies around your lifestyle, and study at a pace you're completely comfortable with, it doesn't matter if you take longer.
On average, learners who commit 4 hours per week to this course, will usually complete it within 4 months.
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for:
- Beginners who want to learn from scratch.
- Digital marketers who want to develop their skills.
- Staff training and development.
- Business owners and freelancers who want to expose themselves to more clients.
- Employees who use social media in the workplace.
- Individuals and businesses who want to drive more traffic to their website or blog.
- People who want to boost their existing social media marketing skills.
No experience or previous qualifications are required for this course. It is available to people of all ages and abilities. The only thing we ask is that you have some knowledge of social media.
Social media marketing / PR / digital marketing /social media / marketing / content writer.
Questions and answers
Accredited CMP Level 4 Diploma in Social media marketing
Digital certificate - Included
Quality Licence Scheme Certificate of Achievement
Hard copy certificate - Included