Add to basket or enquire
This course includes lifetime access so you can complete the course at your own speed.
If you want to be an automation tester by building a test framework with Selenium Webdriver using the Java programming language, this course is for you!
Benefits of taking this course include:
- Unlimited and lifetime access to the course
- Learn the course at your own pace
- Course can be accessed on any platform
- 24/7 Customer support
Become an experienced automation tester by building a test framework with Selenium WebDriver using Java language. This course will provide you an overview of automation and a practical guide to building a framework with Java.
Then explore the power of Selenium WebDriver and Cucumber!
Today’s software development uses TDD and BDD practices and requires continuous integration and continuous deployment. Automation testers are needed to develop robust, clean, and thorough frameworks for regression testing, functional testing, and acceptance testing.
Selenium WebDriver is the industry-leading, open-source tool that allows scrum teams to deliver quality software fast!
Learn how to apply BDD principles and develop feature files with Given-When-Then structure using Cucumber framework and Gherkin language.
Apply Cucumber framework knowledge with Java step implementations to automate web actions with Selenium.
- Build a robust test framework
- Develop your own data-driven framework
- Interact with elements on a web page
- Use Java to automate web actions
- Construct BDD tests with Cucumber
- Implement the Page Object Model
- Utilize popular test frameworks like JUnit and TestNG
This course has been taken from years of experience in training consultants and new hire orientation corporate training. Enroll in this course to get a thorough overview of automation, frameworks, Selenium WebDriver, and BDD with Cucumber!
- I don’t waste time on a lot of configuration
- I don’t waste time on unnecessary topics
- I focus on making Selenium WebDriver automate user actions
- I focus on building frameworks
- I focus on conceptual and technical concepts
- I focus on applying our knowledge to build complete, realistic tests
What are the requirements?
- Basic understanding of programming is helpful
- Basic understanding of web pages is helpful
- Working computer with Firefox or Chrome browser
What will I learn?
- Write realistic automated test scripts for web applications
- Build test frameworks and libraries
- Integrate Java with Selenium
- Design a data-driven test framework
- Find elements on a web page and simulate user behavior
- Automate user actions across multiple browser platforms
- Develop Cucumber/BDD test plans with feature files using Gherkin
- Continuous integration and testing
Who is the target audience?
- Anyone who wants to learn how to test web applications
- Manual testers/QA
- Anyone who wants to apply Java to real-world projects
The Selenium WebDriver With Java And Cucumber BDD course will cover the following topics:
Section 1 - Introduction To Testing And Selenium Automation
- Demo: See WebDriver In Action
- Installing Selenium IDE
- Record And Run With Selenium IDE
- Modifying Test Data
- Exporting Selenium IDE To Java Code
- Preparing The Test Environment
- Getting Started With Java And Eclipse
Section 2 - Automating Actions With Selenium WebDiver
- Creating The Login Test Outline
- Opening A Web Browser With Selenium
- Understanding HTML And The DOM
- Finding Elements Using Chrome
- Simulating User Actions On A Web Page
- Capturing Text On A Page
- Capturing The Page Title And Closing The Browser
Section 3 - Finding Elements On A Web Page
- Overview Of New Account Application
- Preparing Environment With Firefox And Firebug
- Writing The Test Outline And Opening A Firefox Browser
- Item Locator: By LinkText
- Item Locator: By Name And By ID
- Item Locator: By XPath (Relative And Absolute)
- Item Locator: By CSS Selector
- Comparing Methods And Priority
- Interacting With Form Elements
- Completing The New Account Application
Section 4 - Enhancing Test Scripts With Java
- Using Variables To Parameterize Data
- Cross-Browser Testing
- Creating The DriverFactory
- Defining WebElements
- The Radio Button Algorithm
- The Checkbox Algorithm
- Conditional Test Results
Section 5 - Testing Frameworks And Reporting Methods
- Introduction To JUnit Framework
- Assertions: Generate Test Results
- Annotations: Guiding The Test Flow
- Class Variables Within A Framework
- Installing TestNG Framework In Eclipse
- Setting Up A TestNG Framework
- TestNG Assertions
- TestNG Annotations
- Preparing A Test Suite
- Managing An XML Test Suite
Section 6 - Build A Complete Data-Driven Framework
- The CSV Reader Class
- JUnit Parameters
- Data-Driven Testing With JUnit And CSV
- The Excel Reader Class
- TestNG DataProvider
- Data-Driven Testing With TestNG And Excel
Section 7 - Case Study: Testing A Booking And Reservation Application
- Overview Of Booking Application
- Setting Up The Test
- Writing The Search Page Test Step
- Modifying The Search Result Criteria (Implicit Waits)
- Selected A Search Result (Advanced XPath Locators)
- Switching Windows And Handling PopUps
- Finishing The Booking And Confirmation
Section 8 - Page Object Model
- What Is The Page Object Model?
- Setting Up A Test With POM
- Implementing The Login Page Class
- Implementing The Dashboard Page Class
- Writing A Test with Page Objects
- Enhance POM With PageFactory
Section 9 - Behavior-Driven Development With Cucumber
- What Is BDD And Cucumber?
- Preparing The Cucumber Environment
- Writing A Feature File In Gherkin
- Writing Step Definition Class
- Writing The TestRunner With JUnit
- Implementing Step Definitions With Selenium
- Enhancing Feature Files With Data Tables
- Parameterizing Data Into Step Definitions
- Executing Tests And Fixes
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone who wants to learn how to use Selenium WebDriver for software automation testing.
No prior knowledge is required for this course.
This course is recommended for those who want to be Software Testers, Software Quality Assurance Specialists, Web Developers, etc.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
The training for seleuim webdriver a video class or just a study materials
Hi Femoi, the course lesson is a combination of pre-recorded videos and slide presentations. The course is self-paced and can be taken at your own convenient time.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.