This Safeguarding Adults Course for Residential Care Workers is designed for those responsible for the training and development of health and social care staff, the course will help you understand how to recognize and prevent abuse of vulnerable adults in a health or social care setting. The course covering the physical and emotional aspects of safeguarding adults. Through the course, you will understand and demonstrate what safeguarding is, recognize adults in need of safeguarding and take appropriate action, understand dignity and respect when working with individuals, understand procedures in making a safeguarding alert, have knowledge of policies, procedures, legislation that supports safeguarding adults, and much more!
Benefits of studying the Safeguarding Adults Course for Residential Care Workers with Janets include
- Earn a free e-certificate upon successful completion.
- Accessible, informative modules taught by expert instructors
- Study in your own time, at your own pace, through your computer tablet or mobile device
- Benefit from instant feedback through mock exams and multiple-choice assessments
- Get 24/7 help or advice from our email and live chat teams
- Improve your chance of gaining professional skills and better earning potential.
The course is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no formal deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Video lessons
- Online study materials
- Mock exams
- Multiple-choice assessment
************************** Course Modules **************************
Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults
- Introduction to Safeguarding
- Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Other Key Legislations
- Responding to Safeguarding Alerts
- Protocol of Information Sharing
Mental Health and Old Age
- Memory-related issues
- Learning disabilities
- Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia
- Chronic illness and Disabilities
- Substance abuse (addictions)
Improving Health and Wellbeing
- The effects of exercising
- Is it worth eating ‘healthy’ in older age?
- What else affects ‘health’ and ‘wellbeing’?
- Caring for older people
- Awareness and Misunderstanding
- Symptoms of Dementia
- Prevention and Treatment
- The Impact Of Stigma
- Caring for Dementia Victims
- Home Adaptations for People with Dementia
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to obtain your course completion e-certificate free of cost. Print copy by post is also available at an additional cost.
Who is this course for?
Safeguarding Adults Course for Residential Care Workers is suitable for anyone who want to gain extensive knowledge, potential experience, and professional skills in the related field. This is a great opportunity for all student from any academic backgrounds to learn more on this subject.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.