Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices (P3O®) is the standard developed by the UK government to enable individuals and organizations to establish, develop and maintain appropriate business support structures. The guidance brings together a set of principles, processes and techniques to facilitate effective portfolio, programme and project management by proposing proven enabling and support structures, roles and responsibilities. These structures also bridge the gap between the process of developing the organisation’s strategy and that of its delivery. Access is for 12 months.
This eLearning course covers the latest version released in 2013 and prepares delegates for the Foundation and Practitioner examination.
The P3O manual is not included in the price & must be purchased separately.
P3O® is a globally recognized and highly sort after qualification desirable to employers globally.
• Practitioner examination qualification
• Application of P3O® methodology to a complex case study
• Increased confidence in real world application
• Thorough knowledge of the P30 concepts and techniques at theory and application level.
• Context of P3O
• P3O Governance/Decision support responsibilities
• The value of a P3O to the organisation
• How value is added
• The P3O Value Matrix
• Best Practice Management
• Examples of measurable Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
• Model names and features
• Functions and Services
• Determining an appropriate model
• P3O reporting lines
• Information Assurance
• Sizing and tailoring
Functions & Services
• Functions and Services
• P3O Models
• Required Skills and Competencies
• Staffing Considerations
• Management roles
• Generic roles
• Functional roles
• Implementing a Lifecycle for a permanent P3O
• Implementing a Lifecycle for a Temporary programme of project office
Tools and Techniques
• Overview of P3O tools and techniques
• Benefits of using standard tools and techniques
• Critical Success Factors
• P3O Tools
• P3O Techniques
• Examination hints and tips
• Question hints and tips
• P3O® Value Matrix
• Business Case
• Tailored Models and Functions/Services
• P3O® Team
• Roles and Responsibilities
• P3O® Permanent Office (Portfolio and COE)
• Definition Planning
• Delivery Success Factors
• Lessons Learned
• Temporary Programme and Project Offices
• Tools and Techniques
Mock Online Practitioner Exam
As well as the full e-learning course, on the course page is a mock online exam based on the latest exam papers.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for any staff involved in P30 roles who wish to gain a qualification, for example:
• Head of P3O (Portfolio Office, Programme Office or Centre of Excellence)
• Portfolio, Programme or Project Office staff
• Portfolio, Programme or Project staff looking to work within a P3O model
P3O® is the UK government best practice product for the management of project, programme and portfolio offices and is perfect for anyone who is already working in a PMO role looking to improve their knowledge or a promotion. After undertaking P3O® our academy team can help to develop a career path most suitable to you and suggest the next steps to take for success.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
The duration is amount: does that mean the website will only be available for 18 hours (when purchased) or time required to learn the material?
That is the approximate number of hours it would normally take students to complete a self-paced courseThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Can you tell me what locations of where you can take the Exams. Thank you.
Hi Diane, The exam can only be taken online with the new exam body, if you are sitting it as an individual.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Once purchased, how long is the course content available to me?
12 months from the date access is given.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
You advise that Exam(s) / assessment(s) are not included in price & must be purchased separately - can you please advise the cost of these?
Hi there Christine, The cost for the P3O exams sat as online are: P3O® Foundation £215 P3O® Practitioner £285 The above fees are valid for 2018 only. We would only register you or a ask you to pay for the online exam when you advise us you are ready BestThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.