Add to basket or enquire
***𝗢𝗙𝗤𝗨𝗔𝗟 𝗥𝗲𝗴𝘂𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗤𝘂𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 *** 𝗡𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝗥𝗲𝗰𝗼𝗴𝗻𝗶𝘀𝗲𝗱 ***
►►𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗴𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗱𝗲𝗴𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗼𝗿 E𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗼𝘆𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 ** ►►𝗚𝗮𝗶𝗻 𝗨𝗖𝗔𝗦 𝗽𝗼𝗶𝗻𝘁𝘀 ◄◄
This OFQUAL Regulated Policing qualification aims to provide you with an in-depth understanding of the principles of the police service and will allow you to explore various areas of work within it.
Students can also gain UCAS Points through this qualification.
You will develop transferable skills that can be used in the workplace or applied in further study. These include: leadership skills, conflict management, teamwork, navigation, physical fitness, an understanding of personal commitment and equality, diversity and inclusion.
The main objective of this Regulated Policing qualification is to allow learners to progress towards the entry requirements of the police service or further study. Its aim is to provide informed and prepared potential recruits.
The qualification has been developed with subject experts to ensure that the content is relevant and meets the needs of employers.
Ofqual Regulated Certificate: After successful completion learners will receive NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Policing. No further costs.
Aims of the course
These are to:
- Develop an understanding of the police service
- Provide an opportunity to investigate career opportunities in the police service
- Develop an ability to prepare for the entry process
- Gain UCAS points
- Develop an understanding of the personal commitment and fitness requirements needed to be employed in policing
- Develop an understanding of the external organisations that impact on and influence the work of the police service
- Develop an understanding of how the police service responds in emergency situations
- Provide an opportunity to understand and develop the skills and qualities needed to work in the police service, e.g. leadership skills, conflict management, personal protection, teamwork, navigation.
Objectives of the course
The objectives of these qualifications are to:
- Allow learners to progress to employment, further study and towards the entry qualifications and requirements of the police service
- Provide workplaces with informed and prepared potential candidates
Who is this course for?
The units for this programme have been selected to offer learners the best opportunities for progression both academically and professionally. In order to achieve the Level 3 Diploma in Policing(540) learners must complete 3 mandatory units plus 6 optional units
Mandatory units are:
- Prepare for a career in the police service
- Develop leadership skills
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
Learners need to choose 6 optional units to successfully complete this qualification.
Module 01: Develop Aspects of Physical Fitness for Entry to the Police Service
Module 02: Values and Standards in the Police Service
Module 03: Mental and Physical Wellbeing in the Police Service
Module 04: Carry Out Map Reading and Navigation Across Open Country
Module 05: Understand Conflict Management and Personal Protection)
Module 06: The Influence of UK Government, International Organisations and the Media on the Police Service
Module 07: Collaboration Between the Emergency Services
Module 07: Emergency Planning and Response in the Police Service
Module 08: Understand the Impact of War and Conflict on the Police Service
Module 08: Understanding Discipline in the Police Service
Module 09:UK Legal Systems and the Police Service
Module 10: Crime Scene Investigation
Module 11: ICT in the Police Service
Module 12: Preparation for Higher Education
Module 13: Volunteering in the Police Service
Module 14: Safeguarding and the Prevent Duty
Module 15: The Development of the UK Police Service
Module 16: Neighbourhood Policing
Module 17: Dealing with Emergency Incidents
Module 18: Understanding Mental Health
Essential skills that learners will gain are:
While completing these qualifications, learners may develop the knowledge, understanding and essential skills employers look for in employees. These range from familiar ‘key skills’ such as teamwork, independent learning and problem solving to more tricky-to-measure skills such as:
- An appreciation for appropriate behaviour and dress
- Appropriate interpersonal skills
- Supporting other aspiring employees
- Personal manners and deportment
How the course is delivered
This Level 3 Diploma in Policing(540) is delivered via a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) which provides access to case studies, learning materials and activities, presentations and web links. Online tutor support and guidance is provided throughout the course, where learners can interact with the tutors, get feedback on their progress and submit their work electronically. This helps you to build the relevant skills progressively, as you receive feedback and support from your tutor during this time. As the course is delivered online, this enables learners to study any time, any place through immediate access to VLE.
All units will be internally assessed using a range of methods. This could include direct observation within the workplace, a portfolio of evidence and written assignments.
- Learners must be aged 16 or above
- There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 2 qualification.
Opportunities for progression
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- Policing Foundation Degree
- Public Service Foundation Degree
Job roles you can apply for on completion
- Professional Policing
- Criminology and Policing
- Criminal Justice
Questions and answers
How long the qualification is valid for?Answer:
Dear Zahid, Thank you for your enquiry. The Level 3 Diploma in Policing (540) qualification is a life long qualification. This qualification has been allocated UCAS points. You can progress to Policing foundation degree, Higher apprenticeship, BA in Public Services etc. Job roles you can apply for on completion could be in Professional Policing, Criminology and Policing, Criminal Justice. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further information. Best wishes APeducation OnlineThis was helpful.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.