International Open Academy
Add to basket or enquire
Physiotherapy is a very rewarding vocation helping people in pain and improving their quality of life. This easy-to-understand Physiotherapy Assistant course gives you a valuable insight into the knowledge and skills you need to start your career in physiotherapy. Find out about the different reasons for physiotherapy; how people of all ages from babies through to seniors benefit from physiotherapy; and the different types of physiotherapy to treat many injuries and illnesses.
Serious health problems such as arthritis or cystic fibrosis can be treated with physiotherapy as well as sports injuries or spinal problems. Working in physiotherapy, you will possess the skills to positively help people. Physiotherapy assistants are a crucial part of the health care system by making a meaningful difference in the lives of people in need. You’ll be rewarded by seeing your patients improve because of your capable hands, massage techniques, exercise plans and motivational skills.
KEY COURSE BENEFITS:
- Lifetime access - No time limits - Study at your own pace
- Internationally-recognised CPD accredited course
- Start learning straightaway from any laptop or mobile device in any country
- Immediate certificate download when you complete the course
As a physiotherapy assistant, you’ll be working with all types of people, from children to the elderly, suffering from many different ailments. You could be helping them with rehabilitation after a fall or stroke. They may need services like heat therapy, massage or soft tissue mobilisation, to help them recover after a sports’ injury, accident or illness.
Learn more about the important role of a physiotherapy assistant and how to start your career in health care in our self-paced, easy-to-follow online course.
Help people to become healthier, happier, and to improve their quality of life.
The power of physiotherapy, such as exercises or massage, puts so many patients on the road to recovery. You will be rewarded by seeing the huge difference you make to your patients’ lives.
People of all ages need physiotherapy. It’s been estimated that there could be a 41% increase in the need for physiotherapists by 2024 because of our ageing population. You could play an important part in ensuring they have access to the health care and healing help they require with your knowledge of therapies, massage and exercise plans.
Our CPD certificate course will take you through the many ailments which can be helped by physiotherapy. You’ll also be able to:
- Assess if your personality is compatible with an allied health career in physiotherapy
- Learn about the role and duties of physiotherapist assistants
- Know the types of injuries, diseases, and ailments that require physiotherapy
- Know more about different types of physiotherapy such as massage, exercise, thermotherapy and cryotherapy
- Get a better understanding of biology, anatomy, physiology, and other sciences relating to the field of physiotherapy
- Work out the right health care plan for your patient’s ailment, such as exercise or massage
Physiotherapy assistants provide necessary face-to-face contact, social care, support, and help carry out the plans designed by the physiotherapist so that patients can get back on their feet.
Enrol in our online Physiotherapy Assistant course today to begin a career in health care and to start making a difference to the lives of others.
How is the course assessed?
By studying to be a Physiotherapy Assistant online with IOA, you do not pay an extra fee for sitting an exam or have to wait for a set date to sit an exam. There is a short exam at the end of each module for you to take, You’ll know your score immediately.
Will I get a certificate?
Yes, you must complete the course and successfully pass each course module with a score of 55% or more to be eligible for the certificate. You can also get the ICOES certificate for a small fee to cover printing and posting.
Physiotherapy Course Syllabus
Module 1: Introduction To The Physiotherapy Profession
- What is physiotherapy?
- Duties of a physiotherapist
- Specialities within the physiotherapy field
- How to become a physiotherapy assistant
- Working with clients with various health care needs
- Ethical responsibilities of the profession
Module 2: Reasons For Physiotherapy
- Sports injuries
- Spinal issues
- Respiratory conditions
- Post-surgery rehabilitation
- Aging treatments
- Paediatric care
- Postnatal care
- Other injury or health concerns
Module 3: Types Of Physiotherapy Interventions
- Cold or cryotherapy
- Heat therapy
- Electrical stimulation
- Range of motion exercises
- Strengthening exercises
- Soft tissue mobilization and/or massage
Module 4: The Sciences Behind Physiotherapy
- Anatomy and physiology related to physiotherapy
- Human biology
- Behavioural sciences
- Clinical pathology
Module 5: The Physiotherapy Process
- The evaluation process
- Diagnosis and prognosis of client conditions
- Setting a plan of action for services
- Intervention procedures
- Prevention techniques
Who is this course for?
This course in physiotherapy is ideal for individuals who:
- Are compassionate, patient, and kind-hearted in nature
- Work in related fields such as sports rehabilitation clinics or in massage therapy and are seeking a change of career
- Enjoy working with others and helping those in need
- Understand the limitations and possibilities of the human body and mind
- Are searching for a way to break into the health care field
- Have an interest in biological and cognitive sciences
- Have a desire to help people recuperate after illness or injury
- Love working with people and are looking for a career in health care services
- Enjoy working with their hands such as providing a massage or exercising
- Want to take the next step on your journey to becoming a physiotherapy assistant
- Want to decide if a career in health care is the right choice for them
No formal qualifications are required to take this Physiotherapy course. Our Physiotherapy Assistant course is suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in this industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
- Explore the many rewarding jobs available in the health care industry for skilled and compassionate people, such as a massage therapist or exercise coach
- Work in fields where physiotherapy is beneficial such as a care home or sports centre
- Set up occupational health and safety programmes for employees by knowing the risks involved in their work
- Be better able to recover personally from injuries
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
After the course is completed is a certificate provided to show completion?
Yes, at the end of your Physiotherapy Assistant course, you will receive a completion certificate.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
CPD Acredited Physiotherapy Course asked:
Dear, how can i make a payment?
You can order the course directly in the REED platform. Once you do, we will contact you with the relevant information so you can start your Physiotherapy Assistant course.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
I'm considering the assistant physical therapy certificate. Is this certificate recognized in Switzerland?
Yes, it is, but institutions can have specific requirements. In any case, our Physiotherapy Assistant course is accredited by ICOES and CPD Certification Service ( CPD UK). CPD points are accepted and recognized by employers from both the public and private sectors.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.