Get an introduction to people management and develop your own management style.
Discover how to become a confident line manager
Line managers play an important role in organisations, from the day-to-day management of people to the implementation of company policy.
But the journey to becoming a line manager can be challenging, with new managers often feeling overwhelmed.
On this course, you’ll get an introduction to people management, and explore different management styles.
You’ll learn about best practice processes in recruitment and induction, and identify market trends that will impact your organisation.
You’ll discover how to develop teams and individuals, and manage good workplace performance.
What topics will you cover?
- Overview of approaches to management
- Introduction to the labour market and recruitment processes
- Learning and development for individuals and teams
- Introduction to performance management and appraisals
- Managing absence
- Overview of well-being at work
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you'll be able to...
- Explore elements of managing absence and supporting employees returning to work
- Assess the current labour market conditions and trends for your organisation
- Explore good practice in both recruitment and induction
- Describe effective ways of developing both teams and individuals
- Explore approaches to managing good workplace performance
- Describe ways to address shortfalls in performance
- Discuss the need to maintain a healthy workforce
- Reflect on your own management style
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at new and aspiring people managers (line managers). It may also be of interest to small to medium sized organisations that do not have the support of an HR function.
This course has been developed by the CIPD with the financial support of JPMorgan Chase Foundation.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.