Add to basket or enquire
PAT - Portable Appliance Testing Training Course will give the learner thorough background in PAT testing to allow him or her to meet the needs of Health and Safety at Work provisions Act 1974. The PAT - Portable Appliance Testing Training course is set to be accessible, instructive and enlightening, with a fair technical and realistic knowledge balance. The learner will learn about the risk related to PAT - Portable Appliance Testing Training and risk assessment. Thus, you can ensure the utmost safety on your premises.
With our modern life, we have numerous amenities we can take advantage of and make our daily works easier. Whether in our personal space or our workplace, the use of PAT - Portable Appliance Testing Training is extensive, especially portable ones. We are always dependent on assistance from different electronic and manual devices for every minor to major works. That is why we must ensure they are safe and do not pose any potential risk during its use which can be very convenient with PAT - Portable Appliance Testing Training.
Although it may not seem that difficult, the process of PAT - Portable Appliance Testing Training is comparatively complicated. Specifically, there are legislations in this regard which control the risk assessments of PAT - Portable Appliance Testing, which one needs proper understanding of. That’s why the managers of the premises need to have appropriate PAT - Portable Appliance Testing Training.
Special Gifts With PAT - Portable Appliance Testing Training
- Free Coronavirus (COVID-19) Guide Course
Highlights of The PAT - Portable Appliance Testing Training Course
- Knowledge of PAT - Portable Appliance Testing
- Understanding the legislation related to portable appliances
- Risk assessment in the workplace
- Familiarise with the risk occurrence
- Have enough understanding of how to perform a risk assessment
- Reducing the risk of portable appliances
- Controlling the risk of portable appliances
- Understanding emergency procedure and fire safety regarding appliances testing
- Combined inspection and testing of the appliances
Skills you will master
- Understanding of PAT - Portable Appliance Testing
- Relevant safety legislation
- Risk assessments and inspection strategies
- Emergency measures
Why choose Skill Express?
- Instantly accessible CPD Accredited certificate on successful course completion
- 24/7 access to the course for lifetime
- We provide A well-recognised Free PDF certificate.
- Developed by qualified professionals with updated resources
- Full Tutor support on weekdays (Monday - Friday)
- No hidden fees or exam charges
If you want to obtain an in-depth understanding of PAT - Portable Appliance Testing then this PAT - Portable Appliance Testing course is great for you. The PAT - Portable Appliance Testing Course is a popular training course, ideal for anyone who is looking to kick start their career in PAT - Portable Appliance Testing as well as professionals who want to test their existing skills and knowledge.
This PAT - Portable Appliance Testing Training Course comes with lifetime access with no time limit for completion. This PAT - Portable Appliance Testing course is fully accessible from a tablet, mobile or laptop, as long as there is a secure internet connection.
We pride ourselves on our supportive network of dedicated instructors and attentive customer service team who are dedicated to assisting you through your learning journey. Contact them at any time via email should you have any questions or queries.
Course Curriculum of PAT - Portable Appliance Testing Training
We have divided the PAT - Portable Appliance Testing Training Course into four user-friendly modules, covering all fundamental areas of PAT - Portable Appliance Testing to provide learners with the relevant skills and industry knowledge to take their career to the next level.
This comprehensive PAT - Portable Appliance Testing Course includes the following Sections:
Module 01: Introduction to Portable Appliances
- What Is A Portable Electrical Appliance?
- Risk related to electrical devices
- Knowing the risk of Shock
- Electric shock
- Electrocution effects
- What is Risk Assessment?
- The Legislation in the UK- An overview
- The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 (HSWA)
- The Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 (EWR)
- The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- The Management of Health and Safety at Work Act Regulations 1999
- Responsible person for PAT testing
- Duty Holders
- Frequency of Testing the Appliances
- Principles for the Frequency of Testing
- The Long-Term Safety of Appliances
Module 02: Risk Assessment
- What is Risk Assessment?
- Factors to be considered in risk Assessment
- Steps of Risk Assessment
- Step one: Identification of the Hazards
- Step two: Determining who might get harmed and how
- Step three: Risk Evaluation
- Step Four: Recording the Findings
- Step Five: Implementing the Necessary Controls
- Risk Assessment during PAT
- The Hierarchy of Control
- Common Drawbacks Regarding Risk Assessments
- Risk Assessments – Key Considerations
- Competent Person
- Obligations of employees during risk assessments
- The Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013 (RIDDOR)
- Issues to consider when planning PATs
- The Code of Practice for In-Service Equipment Inspection and Monitoring
Module 03: Reducing and Controlling Risks
- Malfunctioning of electrical equipment
- Equipment Inspection
- Pre-use checks or Checks prior to use
- Visual inspection or Visual checks
- Common Things to Look for During a Visual Inspection
- Reducing Risks: Fire Safety
- What can be done to ensure fire safety?
- Performing the Fire Safety Risk Assessment
- Listing performance of fire safety risk assessment
- Emergency Procedures
- What Should Be Included in an Emergency Procedure?
Module 04: Combined Inspection and Testing
- Who should carry out the tests?
- Assessing Tester’s Competence
- Types of Equipment and Tests
- The different Equipment Classes
- Earth Leakage Test?
- Executing an Earth Leakage Test
- The touch current test
- Differential Leakage Test
- Substitute Earth Leakage
- Selecting the Correct Tests
- IEC Leads and Extension Leads
- PAT Testers without a Two-Stage Power Lead Test
- PAT Testing Mains Extension Leads
- The IEC lead Tester
- Things to consider
- The Different Forms of Electronic Testing Equipment
- Testing Class I and Class II Equipment with Meters
- Techniques of Protecting Against Electric Shock
- Test Stickers and Records
- Faulty Equipment
After completing the PAT - Portable Appliance Testing course successfully, you will be required to pass an automated, multiple-choice questions test which will give you the instant result once you finish the exam. And you can get all of these in a one-time payment!
Certification of The PAT - Portable Appliance Testing Course
After completing the course, you will be eligible for a PDF Certificate which will cost only £2.99, with your unique ID number so that you/ the employers can verify through our website. You can also have your imprinted certificate delivered via post. Although there is no expiry date on the certificate, we recommend that our learners renew the certificate every twelve months.
Who is this course for?
PAT - Portable Appliance Testing Course Designed By Qualified Professionals.
This comprehensive PAT - Portable Appliance Testing Course is suitable for beginners and who want to gain a better understanding of PAT - Portable Appliance Testing.
Whether you are completely new to the field or are an aspiring professional, the course PAT - Portable Appliance Testing will help open doors to a wide range of professions within your chosen field, helping you to stand out to employers with an accredited qualification that can be used to enhance your CV.
This PAT - Portable Appliance Testing Course Designed By Qualified Professionals.
There are no academic entry requirements for this course, and it is open to students of all academic backgrounds.
This PAT - Portable Appliance Testing Training course can help you in a range of professions. Some of them are listed below:
- Ensures safety within your premises
- Makes your organisation more credible
- Makes you credible in the case of recruitments
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Adeel Naseer asked:
Will you provide a separate letter/certificate which shows the CPD points/hours gained?
Hello Adeel, Thanks for your query. Upon completing a course, we don't offer any additional certificate other than a certificate with a verified CPD stamp.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hello, I’m just wondering if I purchase and complete this course successfully, can I go out and get a PAT testing job? Or is this more an insight?
We have designed the course to make you able to do PAT job successfully, So we hope if you can learn thoroughly you will be able to do these type of testing.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.