Academy for Health & Fitness
Add to basket or enquire
If you want to get a deep insight into this topic and start a career in this sector then this award-winning and best-selling Palliative Care Assistants course is the perfect choice for you.
This Palliative Care Assistants course is approved by CPD. You can study at your own pace and get accredited in just 3 hours. This Palliative Care Assistants course is designed for both part-time and full-time students.
Tons of learners around the UK have taken this course to boost their knowledge and skill to work in the related field. This Palliative Care Assistants course is developed by industry experts and is packed with several information-rich modules to give you a proper understanding of this topic and accelerate your career.
Expert tutor support and 24/7 customer support are what you’re going to get with this premium quality Palliative Care Assistants course. You will get help and answers to all your queries throughout the comprehensive syllabus of this Palliative Care Assistants.
You or your employer can easily verify your qualification by checking the validity of your certificate from our dedicated website.
Key Topics to Be Covered In This Palliative Care Assistants Course
- The fundamentals of the Palliative and End of Life Care
- The key components of NISAT Core Holistic Assessment
- Importance of effective communication between the Home and the General Practitioner (GP)
- The role of the multidisciplinary team and specialist palliative care services
- The signs and symptoms of individuals approaching death
- The six standards to assist Health and Social Care Services in the bereavement stage.
- Legal obligations and procedures practised in the UK.
Learning Outcomes Of This Palliative Care Assistants Course
- The roles and responsibilities of a professional supportive care provider
- How to identify the stages of illness
- Comprehensive guidelines to the best practices in different end of life situations
- Best practices while transferring to the home and discharging from hospital
- Importance of Bereavement Care and how to approach them
- The responsibilities at the end of life and care after death
- Understand the legal and ethical issues involved in advance care planning
This Palliative Care Assistants is designed by industry experts and will give you a thorough understanding of this topic. Our courses are designed with easy to understand modules that break down each topic and gives our learners proper training on the subject.
If you want to work in this sector and stand out from the rest of the competition, then our Palliative Care Assistants is the perfect place to start.
We guarantee that you will gain relevant skill and will gain tremendous knowledge on the subject. And the professional qualifications that you achieve after completing the course will help you greatly in procuring a job in the relevant field.
Enjoy a pleasant learning experience with the Academy for Health & Fitness. Enrol in our Palliative Care Assistants Today!
Skills You Will Gain from This Palliative Care Assistants Course
- Interpersonal skills
- Counselling skills
- Communication skills
- Psychosocial skills
- Physical care skills
- Life closure skills
- Observational skill
- Teamwork skill
Course Curriculum of This Palliative Care Assistants Course:
Module 1: Introduction to Palliative Care Assistants
- Policy Context
- Understanding Palliative and End of Life Care within the Context of Nursing and Residential Care Homes
- Adopting a Person Centred Approach
- Support for Family and those that Matter to the Person
- Availability of Services
Module 2: Identification of the Stage of Illness
- Best Practice
- Decision Making
Module 3: Palliative Care Holistic Assessment
- Key Components of NISAT Core Holistic Assessment
- Key Milestones when Holistic Assessment Should be Undertaken
- Preparing for the Holistic Assessment in the Home
- Following the Holistic Assessment
Module 4: Advance Care Planning
- Communication with the Home
- Communication between the Home and the General Practitioner (GP)
- Referral to the Multidisciplinary Team
- Referral to Specialist Palliative Care Services
- Communication across Care Boundaries
Module 5: Care at the End of Life
- Diagnosing Dying - Signs and Symptoms of Someone Approaching Death
Module 6: Care after Death
- Bereavement Care
- Pre-Bereavement Care
- Post-Bereavement Care
Module 7: Further Support, Training and Development
- Support for Staff
- Education and Training
- Organisations and Websites
Module 8: Legal Issues
- Challenges at the End of Life
- A Focus on Individualised Care
- Talking about Death
- Mental Capacity Act
- Emergency Situations
- Who Should Assess Mental Capacity?
- Advance Decisions
- Lasting Power of Attorney
- Court-appointed Deputy
- In the Absence of LPA, ADRT or Court-appointed Deputy
Module 9: Glossary of Terms
- Advance Care Planning
- Advance Decisions to Refuse Treatment (ADRT)
- Advance Statements
- Best Interests Decision
- Mental Capacity
- High Complexity of Palliative Care Needs
- End of Life
- Enduring Power of Attorney
- General Palliative Care
- Palliative Care Register
- Progressive Illnesses
- Quality of Life
- Specialist Palliative Care
- Therapeutic Relationship
- World Health Organisation: Principles of Palliative Care
Module 10: Appendices
- End of Life Care Operational System
- ELCOS (End of Life Care Operational System): Triggers for Action
Once you have finished the learning stages in the course, your abilities will be assessed by an automated multiple-choice question session, after which you will receive the results immediately.
Showcase Your Accomplishment of New Skills: Get a Certification of Completion
Upon passing the assessment, you will receive proper certification that is recognised all over the UK as well as internationally. The PDF certificate is free of cost which you can download instantly upon completing the assessment or you can order it via online. You can also receive an original printed copy of the certificate for showcasing your achievement anywhere and everywhere, which will be sent to you by post. The postal fee for this printed copy is only £5.99, with no additional fees or expense.
Who is this course for?
Is This Palliative Care Assistants Course Right for You?
This Palliative Care Assistants course is designed to provide those who are looking to kickstart a career in palliative care provider with the skills, knowledge and credentials to do so. To provide you with ease of access, this course is designed for both part-time and full-time students. You can become accredited in just 20/30 hours, with the freedom to study at your own pace.
This is an introductory training course, and there are no specific entry requirements for enrolment.
After successfully completing this Palliative Care Assistantscourse, you will have gained all the necessary skills to take your first step in the relevant job sector. Moreover, if you’re already working in the aforementioned sector, you will have opportunities for potential promotion, revised job role or supervisory/managerial responsibilities according to your expertise.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.