CT Skills Limited
Add to basket or enquire
*Please first check eligibility requirements before enquiring. You must:
- Be currently living in England - postcode eligibility applies (see the requirements section for more information)
- Have been a resident in the UK/EU for 3+ years - for purposes other than study
- Be aged 19+ years
- Not be on an apprenticeship
Want to learn about Adverse Childhood Experiences?
Our Understanding Adverse Childhood Experiences free online course will support you to understand that children and young people are amongst the most vulnerable in our society when it comes to the impact of adverse circumstances on their lives. Adverse childhood experiences can impact on the development and mental health of children and young people that may persist into adulthood and affect their life chances. These might be personal circumstances such as the death or divorce of parents or domestic violence, for example, or national and international disasters. Children and young people affected by such events need support to strengthen their resilience and empower them to overcome their fears and the challenges they face.
Adverse circumstances can have a negative impact on anyone’s life, but children and young people are particularly vulnerable. They might face difficult personal circumstances, or national and international disasters. This fully online Adverse Childhood Experiences course will give you the skills needed to support children and young people affected by adverse experiences. You will gain insight into how to strengthen their resilience and empower them to overcome the challenges they face.
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
- Evidence your competency to employers
- Further your personal and professional development
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Exploring childhood and family structures
- Introduction to adverse childhood experiences
- Developing strategies to improve outcomes for children affected by adverse childhood experiences
Who is this course for?
This qualification is designed for learners wishing to progress to a wide range of further learning and job roles such as nursery staff, teachers, health/social workers across health and social care, children and young people, nursing, public services and education and training.
You must live in one of the following counties to receive funding for the course from the Department of Education.
- Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire
- Cheshire East & West, Cornwall, Cumbria
- Derbyshire, Devon, Dorset
- Hampshire, Herefordshire, Humberside
- Isle of Wight, Isles of Scilly
- Lancashire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire
- Norfolk, Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire
- Shropshire, Somerset, Staffordshire, Suffolk, Surrey, Sussex
- Warwickshire, Wiltshire, Worcestershire
This course can create a successful career path for anyone wanting to work within the social and healthcare sector.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.