Add to basket or enquire
The objective of the MSP® Foundation course is to provide the basic knowledge of all the MSP® principles, themes, responsibilities, processes, activities and techniques, in order to allow the participant to be able to interact efficiently when working with a programme board or as an active member of a programme office, a change management team or in a project managed according to MSP®.
The exam costs of this course is already included in the course price.
This MSP Foundation and Practitioner course covers the following topics:
- Course introduction
- An overview of MSP
- MSP principles
- Programme organization
- Programme design
- Programme vision
- Programme justification
- Programme structure
- Quality assurance
- MSP processes
- Delivering capabilities and embedding outcomes
- Evaluating new information and closing the programme
- Introductions and overview of the MSP Practitioner exam
- Overview of the MSP manual
- MSP themes and organization
- MSP programme organization
- MSP programme design
- MSP justification theme
- MSP structure theme
- MSP Knowledge theme
- MSP decisions theme
- MSP processes
- Designing programme outcomes
- Exam revision
MSP FOUNDATION EXAM
The MSP Foundation examination is intended to assess whether the candidate can demonstrate sufficient recall and understanding of the MSP programme management framework (as described in the syllabus) to be awarded the MSP Foundation qualification.
- Style: Multiple-choice
- Questions: 60
- Pass mark: 55% (33/60)
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Materials allowed: Closed-book
- Pre-requisites: None
- Timing: Morning of day 3
- Results: 1 business day
MSP PRACTITIONER EXAM
The MSP Practitioner exam assesses whether the candidate can demonstrate sufficient ability to apply and tailor the MSP programme management framework described in the syllabus.
- Style: Multiple-choice
- Questions: 70
- Pass mark: 60% (42/70)
- Duration: 150 minutes
- Materials allowed: Open-book
- Pre-requisites: MSP Foundation
- Timing: At any time after completing your MSP Practitioner training
- Results: 3 business days.
Individuals will gain an understanding of:
- Key concepts relating to programmes and MSP
- How the MSP principles underpin the MSP framework
- The MSP themes and how they are applied throughout the programme
- The MSP processes and how they are carried out throughout the programme
- How to apply the MSP principles in context
- How to apply and tailor relevant aspects of the MSP themes in context
- How to apply and tailor relevant aspects of the MSP processes in context.
This MSP Foundation and Practitioner course offers the following benefits to students:
- Helps programme managers deliver the required outcomes and benefits, especially those dependent on the coordination of many related, integrated project outputs
- Enables you to better envision and communicate desired outcomes
- Teaches you to take the initiative, pro-actively identifying and overcoming obstacles to change such as working practices, attitudes, and behaviours
- Helps programme managers deliver tangible advantages to stakeholders while mitigating any risks to these advantages
- Helps you learn from experience while establishing a management culture that prompts staff to continuously identify new lessons over the life of a programme
- MSP Practitioner training provides a structured framework to help realize the benefits of complex programmes which require the output of many related projects
- MSP Practitioner has been designed to accommodate high levels of complexity, ambiguity, and risk. This makes MSP highly suitable as a framework for transformational change
- MSP Practitioner training helps candidates apply the MSP principles and processes in working contexts.
Who is this course for?
- Programme managers and aspiring programme managers
- Project managers / senior project managers
- Business change managers
- Operational line managers/staff operating within a programme environment
- Other key staff involved in the design, development, and delivery of programmes, including programme board members, programme assurance, programme management office personnel
- Portfolio management staff
- Specialist programme staff
There are no prerequisites or entry requirements. However, basic project management knowledge would be beneficial.
To be able to take the exam, it's required to have read and accepted the terms and conditions of the examination institute. The acceptance of such terms and conditions will have to be confirmed when taking the exam
- Senior Project Managers
- Programme Managers
- Operational Managers
- Quality Assurance Professionals
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.