Add to basket or enquire
Microbes are critical for all life on Earth. By studying them, you can harness their abilities for beneficial use across several industries, including healthcare, food production, agriculture and many more. But how?
Microbiology is the study of microbes too tiny to be seen with the naked eye. These microbes play a significant role in nutrient cycling, biodegradation, climate change, food spoilage, biotechnology and many more biochemical processes. Thanks to their versatility, microorganisms can be used in various areas — production of life-saving drugs, biofuels, food and drink, pollution cleanup, etc. Whether you want to work with a pharmaceutical giant as a microbiologist or develop green technology, this Microbiology course can help you embark on a worthwhile career with a solid foundation in microbiology.
By taking this microbiology course, you will traverse the ins and outs of the microbiology realm. This course will educate you on vital topics like cell structure and organisation, chemical metabolism cycle, microbial domains, viruses' life cycle, etc. You will also learn about microbial growth controlling and its chemical requirements. Furthermore, this course will provide you with an extensive understanding of the interactions between microbes and humans. Additionally, you will get to know about human microbial diseases, immunity, vaccines and antimicrobial agents. This microbiology training will also provide you with industrial and food microbiology expertise.
Our Microbiology Diploma is endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme, ensuring your newly acquired skills will enhance your professional development.
Sign up for this Microbiology course today and apply your knowledge to handle current global aspirations/challenges!
What you'll get out of this Microbiology course:
- Familiarise yourself with microbiology basics and their necessity in various sectors.
- Know the fundamentals of cell structure and organisation.
- Develop a solid knowledge of the chemical metabolism cycle.
- Learn in detail about microbial growth controlling and its chemical requirements.
- Explore a broad range of domains in microbial diversity.
- Become familiar with the viruses, including their structure and life cycle.
- Gain a clear idea about the interactions between microbes and humans.
- Enhance your knowledge of microbial diseases in humans.
- Be well-versed in immunity, vaccines and antimicrobial agents.
- Gain expertise in industrial and food microbiology.
Why People Enrol this Microbiology From One Education:
- Eligibility for an Endorsed certificate upon successful completion of the Microbiology Diploma
- Learning materials of our Microbiology Diploma contains engaging voiceover and visual elements for your comfort
- Get 24/7 access to all Microbiology Diploma course content for a full year
- Complete the Microbiology Diploma at your own pace
- Each of our students gets full tutor support on weekdays (Monday to Friday)
Please note: This course only gives you the theoretical knowledge that you need to excel in this field. This Microbiology Diploma doesn't entitle you to practise as a professional in this specific field.
Course Curriculum Of The Microbiology Diploma
Here is a detailed course curriculum breakdown of the Microbiology Diploma:
Microbiology - Module 1
Introduction to Microbiology
- Microbiology - What Is Microbiology?
- Microbiology - Why Is Microbiology Important?
- Microbiology - How Do We Know? Microbiology in Perspective: To the Golden Age and Beyond
- Microbiology - Light Microscopy
- Microbiology - Electron Microscopy
Microbiology - Module 2
Cell Structure and Organisation
- Microbiology - Two Fundamentally Different Types of Cell
- Microbiology - Prokaryotic Cells
- Microbiology - Eukaryotic Cells
Microbiology - Module 3
The Chemical Metabolism
- Microbiology - The Metabolism Cycle
- Microbiology - Catabolic and Anabolic Reactions
- Microbiology - Oxidation-Reduction
Microbiology - Module 4
Microbial Growth Controlling
- Microbiology - Chemical Requirements for Microbial Growth
- Microbiology - Culture Media
- Microbiology - Phases of Growth
Microbiology - Module 5
Microbial Diversity: Prokaryote Diversity
- Microbiology - A Few Words About Classification
- Microbiology - Domain: Archaea
- Microbiology - Domain: Bacteria
Microbiology - Module 6
Microbial Diversity: Eukaryote Diversity
- Microbiology - The Fungi
- Microbiology - The Protista
- Microbiology - Summary
- Microbiology - Assessment
Microbiology - Module 7
Viruses, Viroids, and Prions
- Microbiology - What Are Viruses?
- Microbiology - Viral Structure
- Microbiology - Plant Viruses
Microbiology - Module 8
Interactions between Microbes and Humans
- Microbiology - The Human Host
- Microbiology - The Progress of an Infection
- Microbiology - Healthcare-Associated Infections
Microbiology - Module 9
Human Microbial Diseases
- Microbiology - Bacterial Diseases in Humans
- Microbiology - Viral Diseases in Humans
- Microbiology - Parasitic Diseases in Human
Microbiology - Module 10
- Microbiology - What Is Immunity?
- Microbiology - Types of Immunity
- Microbiology - A Closer Look at Antigens
Microbiology - Module 11
Vaccines and Antimicrobial Agents
- Microbiology - What Is a Vaccine?
- Microbiology - Summary
- Microbiology - Assessment
Microbiology - Module 12
Microorganisms in the Environment
- Microbiology - The Carbon Cycle
- Microbiology - The Nitrogen Cycle
- Microbiology - The Sulphur Cycle
Microbiology - Module 13
Industrial and Food Microbiology
- Microbiology - Microorganisms and Food
- Microbiology - Microorganisms in the Production of Biochemicals
- Microbiology - Products Derived from Genetically Engineered Microorganisms
How is the Microbiology Diploma assessed?
To simplify the procedure of evaluation and accreditation for learners, we provide an automated assessment system. Upon completion of an online module, you will immediately be given access to a specifically crafted MCQ test. The results will be evaluated instantly, and the score displayed for your perusal. For each test, the pass mark will be set to 60%.
When all tests have been successfully passed, you will be able to order a certificate endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme.
Certificate of Achievement of Microbiology Course
Endorsed Certificate of Achievement from the Quality Licence Scheme of Microbiology Course
After successfully completing the Microbiology, learners will be able to order an endorsed certificate as proof of their achievement. Hardcopy of this certificate of achievement endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme can be ordered and received straight to your home by post, by paying —
- Microbiology Course Certificate Within the UK: £109
- Microbiology Course Certificate International: £109 + £10 (postal charge) = £119
IAO Accredited Certification from One Education
After successfully completing this Microbiology, you will qualify for the IAO accredited certificate from One Education, as proof of your continued professional development. Certification is available in both PDF & hardcopy format, which can be received by paying —
- Microbiology Course Certificate: PDF Certificate: £9
- Microbiology Course Certificate: Hardcopy Certificate (within the UK): £15
- Microbiology Course Certificate: Hardcopy Certificate (international): £15 + £10 (postal charge) = £25
Who is this course for?
This Microbiology Diploma is ideal for
- Recent graduates
- Job Seekers
- Anyone interested in microbiology
- People already working in the fields relevant to microbiology and want to polish their knowledge and skill.
There are no specific prerequisites to enrol in this Microbiology Diploma. Anyone and everyone can take this course.
The Microbiology Diploma is fully accessible from any internet-enabled smart device. So, you can study from the comfort of your home!
All you need is a passion for learning, literacy, and to be over the age of 16.
This microbiology course will give you a solid grasp of microorganisms so that you're well-prepared to embark on exciting career paths, such as —
- Biosafety specialist
- Microbiology Lab Technician
- Quality Assurance Manager
These employment prospects generally pay £15,000 to £40,000 a year in the United Kingdom.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
I am a postgraduate in zoology (Kerala,India)now residing at UK as a dependent.I would like to know is there any barrier to study in UK without IELTS?
Dear Pravi, Thank you for your question. This course is in English medium. You must have general English literacy to do this course. And you can do this course without having IELTS completed. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.