Add to basket or enquire
To provide an insight into the functions of a medical administrator, the structure and use of terminology and the meanings of abbreviations related thereto. To assist in the building of confidence in dealing with patients, preforming a wide range of administrative functions in a medical environment, preparing letters and reports and in recording data in respect of medical phrases.
Three day training course. One day training with a Medical Doctor, on terminologies and expectation in medical office. Two days on Administrative functions and practical training. You also receive IT and Typing training, which you can continue to work on for one month after the course end date.
Dates and Duration
10:30 to 16:30 for 3 days
There are two modules; one in Medical Terminology and one in Administration.
Medical Terminology Module
- Outline of the role of a Medical Administrator/Secretary and identify areas where the role differs from other secretarial jobs.
- Interpret the meanings of a variety of medical terms by breaking words down into component parts, suffixes and prefixes.
- Understand the structure of medical words.
- Expanding some common abbreviations.
- Feel more confident in communicating with patients, preparing letters and reports and in recording data.
- The structure of an organisation
- Duties of a Admin and the job role
- Health and Safety in the office
- Emails and email management
- Briefing of Office, Secretarial and Admin function
- The purpose of the Office
- Structure of Departments and Organisational structures
- Mail management
- Stationery – Stock Control
- Telephone etiquette and procedure
- Client care skills
- CV and Career Advice
- Touch Typing
- Microsoft Word plus 1 other Microsoft Programme
Our training centre has ongoing experience of providing training to the NHS. We have a wealth of experience in Medical Office Admin and Secretary Training.
Who is this course for?
The course is ideal for people looking for a job in Medical Administration. This is one of the largest employers in the country and has jobs in the NHS, Hospitals, Private Clinics, Doctors Surgery, Administration Offices and many more healthcare related organisations.
No previous knowledge or experience needed.
What should I do next? To find out more about this course click the 'Enquire now' button to contact the course provider.
The course provides a recognised qualification to open your career options. A Medical Admin Certificate on your CV will broaden your job opportunities and options.
A career in Medical Administration can offer attractive salaries and career prospects in Medical Office Management, PA work and much more.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Please is this course offered only in the class or online? Thank youAnswer:
There are three days of classroom training but the remainder can be completed onlineThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Is it possible I can complete this course on line?Answer:
Hi Thank you. Yes we can arrange the course to be completed using a virtual online live classroom format and some other interactive online training. Regards SOUTERSThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
I am already an experienced administrator but want to move into a medical environment Is there a course where I can take just the medical terminology?Answer:
Hi Julie, yes you can join our Medical Terminology Course - CPD Accredited. Thanks,This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Certificate of completion
Digital certificate - Included
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.