Ad Vitam Learning
Add to basket or enquire
Welcome to Ad Vitam Learning's online mandatory training package for residential and nursing home care staff. This mandatory training course package for care staff was developed to meet the required learning outcomes in the Skills for Care's learning outcomes, the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and the Care Quality Commission (CQC) recommendations for health and social care providers. These elearning courses for health and social care support workers meet the CQC audit requirements and current UK legislation.
Course aims and objectives
Ad Vitam Learning's online training package for nursing and residential care home staff helps care staff to meet the UK statutory requirements. The Mandatory Training Group is committed to keeping up to date with changes in relevant UK legislation, national directives and requirements on mandatory training programme to ensure that it reflects changing legal, risk and service requirements. To that end, our mandatory and statutory modules are guided by the following:
- Standards set by Skills for Care, Health Education England and Skills for Health's UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF)
- The Care Quality Commission (CQC) guidance for doctors and medical locums
- National guidance issued for locum care agencies and care recruitment agencies
The Mandatory Training Group develops appropriate mandatory training to meet the CQC quality standards and performance ratings. Our health and safety training courses for nursing and care home staff help to reduce injuries and avoid subsequent claims due to negligence and malpractice, improve staff morale, provide safe and effective care and improve patient experience.
What is covered in this mandatory care training package?
Our online mandatory training package for health and social care support workers covers the following training modules:
- Code of Professional Conduct (in accordance with CQC and Skills for Care requirements)
- Key Legislation and National Guidelines
- Understanding your Role and Responsibilities
- Criminal Convictions
- Fitness to Practice
- CSTF Health and Safety and Welfare, including:
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR)
- Control of Substances Harzadous to Health (COSHH) Regulations
- Display Screen Equipment
- Risk Assessment
- Waste Management
- Bullying and Harassment
- Stress Management
- CSTF Information Governance CSTF, including:
- Caldicott Principles
- Information Security
- Data Protection
- Record Management
- Counter Fraud
- Care Planning and Record Keeping
- CSTF Conflict Resolution CSTF, including:
- Effective Communication
- Handling Violence & Aggression
- Managing Risk, Minimising Restraint
- Lone Workers
- Complaints Handling
- CSTF Equality, Diversity and Human Rights
- CSTF Safeguarding Adults Levels 1 & 2
- CSTF Safeguarding Children Levels 1 & 2
- Mental Capacity Act & Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS)
- Mental Health Act
- Mental Health Awareness
- Learning Disability Awareness
- Dementia Awareness
- CSTF Infection Prevention and Control LevelS 1 & 2, including:
- Blood Borne Viruses
- Exposure Prone Procedures
- Spillages and Body Fluids
- Sharps Management
- Clinical Waste Management
- Food Safety Awareness Levels 1 & 2
- CSTF Fire Safety Awareness
- Manual Handling Objects Level 1
- CSTF Moving and Handling of People Levels 1 & 2
- CSTF Resuscitation - Basic Life Support (BLS) Levels 1 & 2, including:
- National Early Warning Score (NEWS)
- SBAR for Care Workers
- First Response Awareness
- Medication Management (Safe Handling of Medicines)
Assessment and certification
At the end of each individual online mandatory care training module, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate for each module that is valid for one year.
The content of this online mandatory care training package for residential and nursing home staff has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
It will take approximately 2 to 4 hours to complete this e-learning mandatory training package for nursing and care staff. The length of time to complete the course depends on the following:
- your prior knowledge and experience individual mandatory training modules and related regulations
- how quickly you can study and absorb the learning materials
- how much you can pace yourself once started
- the number of modules that are relevant to your care environment
You are in full control of how long it takes to complete your mandatory care training modules. You can go through the course package in one sitting, or pause and come back later. Your progress will be recorded throughout and you will be able to start where you previously left off.
You can revise the online learning materials as many times as you like. Even after completing the course successfully (and obtaining your CPD certificate), you will still have access to your online learning materials for 365 days.
Who is this course for?
This eLearning mandatory training package should be completed by all health and social care support workers working in CQC regulated environments, including:
- Care Assistants
- Support Workers
- Adult Social Care Workers
- Residential Home Staff
- Nursing Home Staff
You will be provided with all the individual training modules listed below. You can however choose the mandatory training modules that are most suited to your specific care environment. If you are an agency care worker, please check with your locum or recruitment agency regarding the specific mandatory care training modules that you require to meet their compliance requirements.
You can also select from our wide range of individual CPD courses in our elearning for healthcare course catalogue.
This online mandatory care training package has been designed for new and experienced residential and nursing home care workers alike. It has additional online learning resources that provide more details for learners to refer to during the course and in practice. For those who have completed statutory and mandatory care training before, this training package provides you with the key legal and professional issues as specified in the Skills for Care and CQC recommendations for health and social care providers.
- access to the internet
- CSFT mandatory training certificate valid for 1year
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.