Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®) is the de facto standard developed by the UK government for delivering change programmes in the UK.
This eLearning course covers the latest version released in August 2011 and prepares delegates for the Foundation and Practitioner examination. Access is for 12 months.
The MSP manual is not included in the price & must be purchased separately.
• Preparation for the examination.
• Application of MSP® common vocabulary.
• Increased confidence in real world application.
• Thorough knowledge of the MSP® methodology at theory and application level.
Organisation & Governance
• Programme Roles
• Scaling the Organisation
• Organisational Structure Information Vision
• Developing and maintaining the Vision Statement
• The Key Roles
Stakeholder Engagement & Leadership
• Identify and analyse the stakeholders, profile and map their interests and issues.
• Develop the Communications Plan.
Identifying a Programme
• Review of techniques to take a programme from concept to feasibility and a Programme Brief.
• Outputs to Benefits
• Benefits Categorisation
• Benefits Management Strategy
Blueprint Design & Delivery
• Establishing a viable Vision on which the programme should be based.
• Developing an optimal end game Blueprint that steers the programme.
Planning and Control
• Define the contents of a Programme.
• Plan and identify how the programme will be controlled with associated responsibilities and tools.
The Business Case
• Reviewing and Managing the Business Case.
• Look at the challenges for the Business Case and its use as a control tool.
Defining a Programme
• Development of future business models, planning and application.
Risk & Issue Management
• Managing Risks in a Programme.
• Threats and Opportunities.
• Managing Issues in a Programme.
• Develop mitigation strategies and a process for resolution of issues.
Quality & Assurance Management
• Design a Quality Management Strategy for a programme and the issues associated with implementation.
Managing the Tranche
• Steps and mechanisms used to enable the programme to flex to external events and keep the programme under control.
• Delivering the Capability and Realising the Benefits.
• Delivering the required capabilities to the change programme.
Closing a Programme
• Steps in a structured Closure to ensure that the defeat is not snatched from the jaws of victory.
• Programme Management in Context
• Programme Management Environment
• Programme Management Principles
Starting the Programme
• Organisation Structure
• Stakeholder Engagement
• Identifying a Programme
Designing a Programme
• Defining a Programme
• Business Case
Running a Programme
• Risk and Issue Management
• Managing the Tranches
• Delivering the Capability
• Realising the Benefits
• Closing the Programme
Mock Online Practitioner Exam
As well as the full i-learning course, on the course page is a mock online exam based on the latest exam papers.
MSP® is the UK government best practice product for the management of programmes and is perfect for anyone who is already working in a programme role looking to improve their knowledge or a promotion.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for staff involved in programme management roles and wishes to gain a qualification, for example:
• Programme leader
• Programme office staff
• Business Change Managers
• Business consultants
• Operations staff involved in change programmes
MSP® is a globally recognized and highly sort after qualification desirable to employers globally. After undertaking MSP® our academy team can help to develop a career path most suitable to you and suggest the next steps to take for success.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.