Add to basket or enquire
**Level 5 Health & Social Care Diploma – Endorsed by QLS**
According to recent figures, the UK has an ageing population, with people aged 65 and up expected to make up 20% of the population by 2027. The UK has a number of health issues, including ageing populations, obesity, mental health problems, and chronic diseases. These difficulties call for a multidisciplinary strategy that combines medical treatment, social support, and preventive measures. Additionally, statistics show that there is a growing need for qualified healthcare workers in the UK. The NHS alone employs nearly 1.5 million people, making it one of the country's top employers.
With an increasing demand for qualified workers in various industries, this course gives a solid basis for a successful career while addressing the nation's serious healthcare concerns. Additionally, the course addresses the significance of dealing with societal health disparities. According to research, some groups, including those from lower socioeconomic backgrounds, members of racial or ethnic minorities, and those with disabilities, have difficulty getting access to high-quality medical treatment and social services. The Health and Social Care course gives students the skills and information they need to confront these inequities and contribute towards establishing a more equitable healthcare system.
What makes this health & social care course so desirable?
After completing this health & social care course, you will be able to:
- Understand the ins and outs of the health & social care
- Apprehend the necessity and relevancy of communication in the sector of health & social care
- Be aware of the rights and responsibilities of a health & social care worker
- Be able to promote equality, diversity and right in the field of health & social care while working as a health & social care worker
- Efficiently assess and handle the risks that might come up while working as a health & social care worker
Join the Quality Licence Scheme-endorsed Level 5 Health & Social Care diploma programme right away to gain new skills, boost your self-assurance, cultivate a growth mindset, and advance both personally and professionally.
One Education’s skillfully created course curriculum, affordable and flexible facilities, and passion to offer high-quality training provide you with the competitive advantage you've been seeking for. This uniquely tailored course makes online learning as efficient and easy as possible. You will discover the principles of Health & Social Care and learn the key aspects as you advance through the modules of this course —
Here is a curriculum breakdown of the course:
Introductory to Health & Social Care Worker – Chaperone
- What is Chaperone?
- Why do we need Chaperone?
- How can we get Chaperone?
- How is Chaperone trained?
- What is the Health & Social Care Worker?
- Intimate examinations
Dealing with Sexual Misconduct Part 01
- Defining patients, sexual behaviour, employers and healthcare professionals
- Sexual boundaries between healthcare professionals and patients
- Relationships between healthcare professionals and former patients
Dealing with Sexual Misconduct Part 02
- Duties of Patient
- Report a breach of sexual boundaries by a healthcare professional
The Roles, Responsibility and Interaction of a Chaperone Part 01
- DBS – Disclosing and Barring Service
- Procedures to Undertake DBS Checks
- The Roles and Responsibility
The Roles, Responsibility and Interaction of a Chaperone Part 02
- Communicating with Patients
- Potential Issues of Concern: Religion, Ethnicity and Culture
- Record Keeping and Raising Concern
Prevention and Control of Infection
- Hospital-acquired (nosocomial) infections
- Prevention of Infection in Healthcare Settings
- Standard Environmental Cleaning
- The Importance of Interpersonal Skills
- Interpersonal skills at home
- Interpersonal skills at work
- Developing Your Interpersonal Skills
- Lack of Definitions and Planning
- Case Study 01: The Montgomery Case: A Legal Turning Point
- Chaperoning and Consent
- Implications of the Montgomery Case
- Case Study 02: R v Tabassum: Clarifying Consent
- Accountability and Training
How is the course assessed?
To simplify the procedure of evaluation and accreditation for learners, we provide an automated assessment system. Upon completion of an online module, you will immediately be given access to a specifically crafted MCQ test. The results will be evaluated instantly, and the score displayed for your perusal. For each test, the pass mark will be set to 60%.
When all tests have been successfully passed, you will be able to claim a certificate endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme.
Certificate of Achievement
Endorsed Certificate of Achievement from the Quality Licence Scheme
After successfully completing the course, learners will get an endorsed certificate (included with the course) delivered right at their doorstep by post, without paying a single penny! Please note that learners residing outside the UK have to pay a £10 postage charge.
CPD Accredited Certification from One Education
After successfully completing the MCQ assessment of this course , you will also qualify for an CPD Accredited Certificate from One Education, as proof of your continued professional development. Certification is available in PDF format, at the cost of £9, or a hard copy can be sent to you via post, at the cost of £15.
Who is this course for?
This program is for anyone who wants to learn in-demand skills and become a lifelong learner who is always improving. Throughout this self-paced training, you will explore the role of a Health & Social Care employee and learn the required skills to deal with a variety of concepts in order to achieve a competitive advantage in the job market.
- Prerequisites: None
- Age Limit: 16+
- Gadgets: Smart devices and stable internet connection
- Others: A keen interest in Health & Social Care
This course's certification and competencies can help you develop your career by helping you to apply for high-paying employment in related fields. Jobs you can explore, such as:
- Care Coordinator
- Case Manager
- Community Health Worker
- Health Educator
- Mental Health Technician
- Rehabilitation Specialist
- Residential Support Worker
- Substance Abuse Counsellor
- Youth Worker
- Elderly Caregiver
Questions and answers
It is an online diploma course accredited by the CPD and endorsed by the QLS.Answer:
Dear Tolulope, Thanks for your query. This online course is accredited by CPD Quality Standards ans endorsed by the Quality License Scheme (QLS).This was helpful.
Is this a course or diploma ?Answer:
Dear Rajesh, It is an online diploma course accredited by the CPD and endorsed by the QLS.This was helpful.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.