Future Fit Training Limited
Add to basket or enquire
Gain an in-depth understanding of how nutrients are metabolised, including the effects of hormones on body composition and long-term health. You’ll also learn the science behind different approaches to fat loss and discover which methods really work.
Content for this course includes:
- Hormonal and metabolic effects of carbohydrate consumption. Insulin/glucagon/blood glucose regulation
- Factors affecting insulin sensitivity
- Low carbohydrate and high fat diets (ketogenic diets)
- The role of hormones in lipid metabolism and body composition: Insulin/Leptin/ghrelin/cortisol
- Appetite regulation
- Benefits and risks of high protein diets
- Approaches to fat loss: macronutrient balance versus energy balance, very low-calorie diets, intermittent fasting
- Impact of dietary factors on cholesterol and blood lipids
- Essential fats: Omega 3 and 6 fats, ideal ratios and health benefits
- The role of micronutrients (vitamins and minerals) in energy metabolism
Who is this course for?
PTs, nutrition advisers and anyone interested in gaining an in-depth understanding of nutrient metabolism
RSPH L4 Award in Nutrition or equivalent. You must be at least 18 years of age
You will be able to work as a nutrition adviser/coach offering nutrition advice on a one to one basis and running weight loss classes with groups.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.