London School of Planning and Management
Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
This qualification can progress learners to the Level 4 Diploma in Health and Social Care. It will explore basic human development, legislative frameworks and protocols, look at how care is accessed and provided in the UK, together with examining core approaches to service users.The qualification provides learners with an introduction to the health and social care sector as well as key academic, research and communication skills to support learners in their development.
OfQual Qualification Number: 603/0390/6
Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care is a 58 credits qualification and is designed to provide students with the opportunity to progress to higher diploma levels and gain relative experience and knowledge.The Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care is a 60 credit qualification. It is equivalent in size and level to an A level and an Access to HE qualification. Learners must complete 4 mandatory units worth 60 credits to achieve the Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care.
What is Ofqual?
The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (OfQual) regulates qualifications, examinations and assessments in England.
OfQual has set a range of rules for regulated qualifications, as well as guidance which supports those rules. The body also has set out separate rules for national assessments.
Why choose LSPM?
- Your qualification is recognised and accepted world over.
- Experience online-time study like never before with our purpose built smart learning tools which gives you advantage of studying anytime and anywhere.
- Flexible payment plans, pay fee in easy monthly, quarterly or yearly instalments.
- Fast track mode - attain your qualification in just 6 months !
- Dedicated Tutor Support via live chat.
- Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- The role of the health and social care worker
- Promote person?centred approaches in health and social care
- Promote and implement health and safety in health and social care
- Promote good practice in handling information in health and social care settings
- Promote communication in health, social care or children's and young people's settings
- Engage in personal development in health, social care or children's and young people's settings
- Promote equality and inclusion in health, social care or children's and young people's settings
- Principles for implementing duty of care in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Principles of Supporting an individual to maintain personal hygiene
- Purpose and principles of independent advocacy
- Understand mental wellbeing and mental health promotion
- Understand mental health problems
- Understand the administration of medication to individuals with dementia using a person?pentred approach
- Understand the role of communication and interactions with individuals who have dementia
- Introduction to personalisation in social care
- Causes and spread of infection
- Understand the context of supporting individuals with learning disabilities
- Cleaning, decontamination and waste management
- Understand physical disability
- Understand sensory loss
- Understand models of disability
- Test for substance use
- Obtain venous blood samples
- Work with families, carers and individuals during times of crisis
Qualifications are different in different countries. However there are some clear stages
people move through in education that are common to most countries.
- This qualification represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to GCE AS/A Levels.
- This qualification is designed for learners who are seeking to progress to higher education to take a Bachelors degree or Level 4 diploma course.
Programme is offered in 2 duration modes :
- Accelerated mode (6 months @ £1299)
- Standard mode (9 months @ £999)
Payment Plans for Accelerated mode - 6 Months (GBP £1299)
- Payment option (a): GBP £433 x 3 monthly instalments
- Payment option (b): GBP £1234 x 1 instalment (We offer 5% bursary on total fee for students opting to pay in full)
Payment Plans for Standard mode - 9 Months (GBP £999)
- Payment option (c): GBP £199 x 5 monthly instalments
- Payment option (d): GBP £499 x 2 quarterly instalments
- Payment option (e): GBP £949 x 1 instalment
(We offer 5% bursary on total fee for students opting to pay in full)
Who is this course for?
Progression from Level 3 is to specialist learning and detailed analysis of a higher level of information.It has been designed for learners who wish to progress to a healthcare degree but may not have the traditional entry qualifications usually required.
Learners must be 16 year of age to apply.
- No specific entry requirements for this programme
- No formal qualification required for entry to this programme.
Students will gain skills and knowledge to assist them with academic development. Possible career paths: Carer, Learning Disability, Teaching.Learners who complete this qualification can progress to study a variety of level 4 qualifications, including Level 4 Extended Diploma in Management for Health and Social Care or to a degree programme at a higher education provider.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.