Get Me Trained
Add to basket or enquire
The Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools is a recognised qualification that is intended for those who wish to work with children in a school environment but do not wish to become a teacher, (perhaps because of the large work commitment involved with the teaching role.)
The qualification will be assessed through a combination of written essays, a portfolio of evidence and observation of occupational competence. All units, assignments and learning materials for the course can be accessed through our online learning platform. Students have 12 months access to the online learning platform where they may study entirely at their own pace.
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults.
- Schools as organisations.
- Understand child and young person development.
- Understand how to safeguard the wellbeing of children and young people.
- Support assessment for learning.
- Support learning activities.
- Engage in personal development in health, social care or children and young people’s settings.
- Promote children and young people’s positive behaviour.
- Support children and young people’s health and safety.
- Develop professional relationships with children, young people and adults.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for those who wish to work in a school in a separate role to the teacher. Teaching Assistants, also known as Classroom Assistants or Learning Support, are people who help the teacher within the classroom by supporting groups of children with English, maths and other subjects. They may also carry out work with smaller groups or individual children outside of the classroom under the direction of the teacher, with the aim of providing extra support for those children who may struggle to keep up with the rest of the class.
Teaching Assistants can also sometimes work on a one-to-one basis with children who have Special Educational Needs, delivering a programme of work designed by the teacher and tailored especially for that particular child.
- Must be aged 16 or above.
- Must have a confirmed placement in a school that will last for the duration of the course (12 months).
- Must be able to demonstrate skills in maths and English at Level 2.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.