An Access to HE Diploma gives you the opportunity to apply for a university degree. They are designed for adult learners who may not already hold traditional qualifications such as A Levels, or who last studied a number of years ago.
You can work at home at your own pace, whilst still having the benefits of your own personal tutor who has time to deal with your own individual problems and concerns. The course is designed to meet all your needs to study at a level that is comparable to A-level. Full Access Courses are designed to take, on average, one academic year to complete although some students complete in a shorter time and others take longer. You will be entitled to tutor support for as long as your studies take.
Our experience and strong relationships with universities means that our Access to HE Diplomas are well suited to meet both their entry requirements and to prepare you for undergraduate study. If you are unsure what your university entry requirements are, or would like some advice choosing the Access to HE Diploma that is right for you, we are here to help.
Every Access to HE Diploma is 60 credits: 15 are ungraded and 45 are graded. The grades available are Pass, Merit and Distinction. University entry requirements usually ask for a certain number of credits at these grades. They may also say what subjects those credits should be awarded for.
- You can start your Diploma whenever it suits you: just like studying with us, our enrolments are flexible too.
- For every unit that you study you will be given access to its tailored learning materials: because they are written by subject specialists, you can be assured that they will teach you what you need to know to succeed on your assessments. They are more than a textbook – they guide you through your learning and support you so that you're fully prepared for each assessment. You will complete tasks, answer questions (with model answers that you can check) and will be given all the tools needed to achieve the highest grades possible.
- You will be formally assessed through tutor-marked coursework throughout your Diploma, including two exams that will take place over Zoom. All of our assessments have been both internally and externally verified, meaning that they have been checked to make sure they are consistent, fair, and robust. Importantly, they give everybody the same opportunities to succeed.
With the Access to Higher Education Diploma Primary Teaching (English), you study 45 graded credits in Education Theory and Practice and English Language and Literature, and 15 ungraded credits.
As part of an Access to Teaching Diploma you will need to complete a placement in a school.
Our experience and strong relationships with universities means that our Access to HE Diplomas are well suited to meet both their entry requirements and to prepare you for undergraduate study.
Our Access to HE Diplomas are fully accredited through an Authorised Validating Agency (AVA) and regulated by the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA), so are part of the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF).
Who is this course for?
- If you want to become a Primary School teacher, this Diploma is ideal. It will allow you to apply to university for your initial English specialist degree with QTS, paving the way for a successful teaching career.
- As part of this Access to Higher Education Diploma you will complete a placement in a Primary School which can be no less than 35 hours. During most of your placement you will be acting as a Teaching Assistant (TA) by supporting the class teacher and the learners. Towards the end of your placement you will teach a lesson yourself. This unit is mandatory and without completing it you will not be able to achieve your Diploma.
- You will need an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check to volunteer in a primary school. The school at which you complete your placement will arrange this, but they may ask you to pay for the DBS.
- This Diploma is studied entirely by distance learning.
- You must have a UK residential address to study this qualification.
- Although there are no formal entry requirements for any of our Access to HE Diplomas, to qualify as a teacher you will need English and Maths (along with a Science to teach this subject) GCSEs at grade C or above. If you do not have these qualifications at the required grades already, you can study them with us.
Graduate career prospects:
- You can train to become a Qualified Primary School teacher with prospects to become a deputy head or head teacher, or a SENCO.
This Diploma is also an ideal way to maximise your transferable skills, allowing you to apply for:
- Administrative roles in schools & colleges
- a Learning Support Assistant role
- a Teaching Assistant role
- Technical roles in schools & colleges
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Certificate of completion
Digital certificate - Included
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.