Learning Curve Group
Add to basket or enquire
Modern medicines are powerful substances which have beneficial effects for millions of people worldwide. However, inappropriate use or handling of these substances can have severe, or even fatal, consequences.
Up-to-date knowledge of the safe handling of medicines is essential for anyone working with medication. This course is a great introduction to the different types of medicines and how to record, store and handle them appropriately.
Having good up-to-date knowledge of the safe handling of medicines is essential for anyone working with medication.
- Gain good up-to-date knowledge of the safe handling of medicines
- Learn how to maintain stock and record, store and dispose of medication
- Understand the different types of medication and how they are classified
- Learn the correct procedure for record keeping and the audit process
- Gain relevant skills, knowledge and understanding to improve service user experience
Who is this course for?
This Level 2 Course in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medication in Health and Social Care could lead you to careers specialising in this industry. This is especially useful for careers like;
- Social Work Assistant (£12,500 to £25,000)
- Care Worker (£13,500 to £25,000)
- Medical Secretary (£17,500 to £24,000)
- The learner must live in England and be 19 years old or older. To enrol you must have your National Insurance number, a form of Identification, employment documents and details of your previous qualifications. This process can take 10-20 minutes.
*Please note there is a £125 cancellation fee if a learner enrols and fails to complete or withdraws early from the course. This fee is to cover administration costs. We may be able to offer extensions if learners are unable to meet the set submission deadline. Please read the declaration on the enrolment form carefully before signing up.
This course is for anyone who wants to start a career in care and wishes to handle medication. It can lead to roles such as Care Worker or Pharmacy Assistant.