Training Express Ltd
Add to basket or enquire
The learning disability awareness course is designed to provide special educational needs (SEN) teaching assistants, care workers and care providers, with the essential skills to support individuals with a range of neurological issues.
Through this course, you will deepen your understanding of the different types of learning disabilities, their causes, effects and diagnosis. You will also explore the needs of the individual and how to provide quality support through adopting a person-centred care approach.
Also explored in the course is the legal framework surrounding the provision of care for individuals with learning disabilities, including safeguarding policies and procedures. If you have decided to pursue a career in social care or SEN teaching, this course will provide you with valuable practical skills to work successfully in a wide range of professional settings.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the different neurological disabilities and how they affect individuals
- Understand the different ways in which learning disabilities can present themselves
- Identify the common causes, effects and diagnosis of different learning disabilities
- Provide quality person-centred care for individuals with learning disabilities
- Understand the stigma attached to learning disabilities
- Safeguard the wellbeing of individuals with learning disabilities
Key Features of Learning Disability Awareness:
Our trusted, high quality and affordable online courses are designed to train individuals to become experts in their field.
- Accredited, quality CPD training
- Instant e-certificate and hard copy dispatch by next working day
- Fully online, interactive course with audio voiceover
- Developed by qualified health and safety professionals
- Self-paced learning accessible via laptop, tablet and smartphone
- 24/7 Learning assistance and tutor support
- Discounts on bulk purchases
In module one, we will learn what a learning disability is and how it impacts a person’s education and social development.
Module 02:Learning Disabilities: the Basics
In module two, we will explore the different types of learning disabilities, their causes, impact and diagnosis.
Module 03: New Understanding
In module three, we will explore a new approach to dealing with learning with disabilities and how our understanding of special educational needs has changed in recent years.
Module 04:Person-centred Approach
In module four, we will take a look at how we can apply a person-centred approach when communicating and caring for those with learning disabilities.
Module 05:Meeting Needs - Part 1
In module five, we will learn about the different needs of individuals with learning disabilities and how we can meet those needs in a variety of settings.
Module 06:Meeting Needs - Part 2
In module five, we will take a further look at the needs of individuals with learning disabilities and how we can assess the learning needs of individuals.
Module 07:Meeting Needs - Part 3
In module seven, we will delve deeper into the learning requirements of those with special educational needs, with tips on how to provide quality support.
Module 08:Legal Framework, Opportunities and Safeguarding
In module eight, we will explore career opportunities in this field, including the legal framework for caring for those with learning disabilities. We will also take a look at some key safeguarding procedures
All of our courses are fully accredited, providing you with up-to-date skills and knowledge and helping you to become more competent and effective in your chosen field.
Once you’ve successfully completed your course, you will immediately be sent a digital certificate. Also, you can have your printed certificate delivered by post (shipping cost £3.99). Our certifications have no expiry dates, although we do recommend that you renew them every 12 months.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.