Add to basket or enquire
The Energy Institute's (EI's) 200 hours online course offers a comprehensive overview of all the knowledge and skills required of a professional Energy Manager.
The course covers the essential technical theory of energy use, as well as providing an in-depth understanding of the managerial and commercial aspects of an energy management role. The course is designed to help participants to save energy, reduce carbon emissions, meet their organisation’s environmental targets and save money.
It also includes a project that allows a student to solve a real issue within their organisation as part of the learning process. Students can work through the materials at their own pace – ideal for busy professionals looking to develop their career while at work.
- 15 modules totalling approximately 200 hours of online learning
- Tutor support with continuous assessment
- Flexible part-time, self-paced study that can be started at any time throughout the year
- An integral 50-hour work-based project supported by specialist tutors to solve a real energy management problem in your organisation
Mandatory core modules:
- The role of an energy manager
- Heat transfer
- Fuels and combustion
- Finance, procurement and risk assessment
- Project implementation
Optional modules: take at least two modules from list A and a further 8 modules from list A or B
- Heating and ventilation
- Air conditioning and refrigeration
- Motors and drives
- Building physics and thermal comfort
- On-site electricity generation
- Building management systems (BMS)
- The UK energy industry and energy costs
- UK electricity grids
- Measurement and verification
- Data testing and analysis
- Energy and the environment
- Energy management systems and standards: ISO 50001
- Compressed air
- Steam and process heating
- Energy management and transport
- Carbon management plans
- Energy and water efficiency
- 2+ years’ relevant experience either working as an Energy Manager or another related area such as Building Services, Energy Engineering, Sustainability, Facilities Management, Procurement or Energy Consultancy OR successful completion of the EI’s Level 1 – Certificate in Energy Management Essentials training course.
- GCSE English and AS / A Level Maths or Science, or equivalent by qualification or experience.
- Experience in using Microsoft Excel.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.