Location & dates
This 5-day Java programming course will prepare you to take the Java SE 8 Programmer II exam and become an Oracle Certified Professional or simply strengthen your existing Java development knowledge.
The course covers the core language features and Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) used within Java SE 8. The exam must be booked separately through Pearson Vue.
Oracle Java Programmer certification is a globally recognised certification demonstrating deep knowledge of Java and the development skills needed to be a professional programmer.
Prices vary based on location.
- Java Syntax and Class Review
- Encapsulation and Subclassing
- Overriding Methods, Polymorphism, and Static Classes
- Abstract and Nested Classes
- Interfaces and Lambda Expressions
- Collections and Generics
- Collections Streams, and Filters
- Lambda Built-in Functional Interfaces
- Lambda Operations
- Exceptions and Assertions
- Java Date/Time API
- I/O Fundamentals
- File I/O (NIO.2)
- The Fork-Join Framework
- Parallel Streams
- Database Applications with JDBC
What Will I Learn?
- Create Java technology applications with the latest JDK Technology
- Develop your object-oriented skills
- Identify good practices in the use of the language to create robust Java application
- Use Lambda expressions in Java applications
- Store and manipulate data using collections
- Manipulate files, directories and file systems
- Connect to databases using standard SQL queries through JDBC
- Create high-performance multi-threaded applications
Java Programmer Exam (Not included)
- 150 minutes
- Multiple choice
- Pass mark is 65%
Who is this course for?
We recommend this course for any Java Developer looking to further their career and enhance their development skills.
If you are not already familiar with the basics of Java development, we recommend you take our Fundamentals of Java Programming course. Also, to take the Java SE 8 Programmer II exam you must have Associate level Java certification.
After completing this course, candidates can continue to complete the exam. After that, they will be able to fulfil junior to mid java programming roles.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.