Introduction to Human Resources
- Tutor is available to students
For those with limited or no grounding in the fundamentals of HR management, this Introduction to Human Resources course provides an insight into key areas of recruitment, employee relations, employee development and performance management. Underpinning all of this is a framework for understanding employee rights and employer responsibilities in the context of current UK legislation.
This introductory course will provide the core knowledge to tackle human resources issues and give professional advice with confidence.
Simple to arrange and highly effective - you can choose to run this course exactly as described or we can create a customised solution that meets your specific needs.
As a general rule, if you have four or more employees with similar learning needs, an in-company programme will be the most efficient and cost-effective choice for you. Learning is usually delivered at your premises.
Our specialist facilitators are experts in their respective fields, and can tailor our existing courses to suit the specific needs of your organisation - or alternatively, design courses and programmes that are entirely bespoke, crafted in response to the unique requirements of your business.
WHAT TOPICS ARE COVERED ON THIS COURSE?
- Know the vital skill sets for today’s HR professional
- Understand how HR strategy supports organisational strategy
- Clarify your areas of responsibility
- Plan and execute a successful recruitment strategy
- Employ best practice selection techniques
- Understand the use of competencies to select and appraise staff
- Manage employee relations effectively
- Handle disciplinary matters decisively
- Initiate and terminate employment contracts within legal boundaries
- Understand key employment law issues
- Improve communication across your organisation
- Develop your employees by implementing lifelong learning
- Heighten performance through measurement and reward
- Validate and evaluate job roles
- Record keeping and the Data Protection Act
- Harness equal opportunities and make the most of a diverse workforce
By attending this course you will learn:
- tried and tested recruitment and selection methods
- how to strengthen employee relations through applying the correct policies and procedures
- how to handle disciplinary and grievance matters professionally and ethically
- best practice in human relations management to increase employee morale, productivity and engagement
- the knowledge required to protect your organisation from potential litigation
Who is this course for?
Our Introduction to HR course is designed for new or recently appointed HR officers and managers looking to develop their HR skills. This course will provide a vital overview of best practice for those who are likely to be appointed to an HR role in the future or who require a general understanding of HR as part of their general responsibilities.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.