Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
Take control of your career.
This advanced qualification in employment law from CIPD will give you the knowledge, skills and confidence to be acknowledged as the principle source of employment law expertise and guidance within your organisation.
The module will provide learners with the key principles that underpin UK employment law, their purpose, the major defences that employers are able to deploy when defending cases, and the potential organisational costs and reputational risks associated with losing them.
- 92% of ICS Learn graduates end up working in HR.
Structure of Qualification
To achieve an Advanced Level Award in Human Resources, you need a total of 15 credits. This course is worth 15 credits.
The Learning Outcomes for this module are shown below. By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- Explain the core principles that underpin employment law as it applies in the UK, including common law; their purpose, origin and practical implications
- Advise colleagues about significant legal implications of decisions, plans or proposals in the employment field
- Advise about the appropriate action that should be taken in workplace scenarios where employment regulation applies
- Play a leading role in determining the appropriate organisational response when legal action on the part of a worker or employee is either anticipated, threatened or taken
- Participate in the preparation, presentation and setting of Employment Tribunal cases
- Know how to keep their knowledge of developments in employment law up to date and advise about the impact of these developments on employment policy and practice in their organisations.
Who is this course for?
The Advanced Level Award in Human Resources are for those who:
- Have the responsibility for HR decision-making within an organisation at either operational, tactical or a more strategic level
- Are HR professionals in a team or HR functional management role, and are seeing to enhance and develop their career
- Have responsibilities for the HR function and activities within an organisation without a specialist function
- Are independent or employed consultants who support organisations in meeting their goals.
This is a Level 7 programme and requires a good level of HR experience.
If English is your second language, you’ll need an IELTS 6.5 or ESOL Level 2 (or equivalent). If you don’t have this, we’ll review your case on an individual basis.
If you're unsure that this is the right course for you, speak to our expert CIPD course advisors by phone, email or webchat. They'll take time to learn about your experience, education and ambitions, and help you make the right choice.
As all the modules form part of the Advanced level diploma, you can also use your award to work towards meeting the knowledge requirements for CIPD professional membership (Associate, Chartered Member or Chartered Fellow) by taking additional modules to achieve a full Advanced level diploma.
On completion, you'll receive a CIPD Advanced Award in Human Resources.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.