Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
Too often appraisals become adversarial meetings where the manager has difficulty getting their point across successfully and the appraisee becomes defensive. This course will give learners a number of approaches and techniques to ensure that the appraisals they conduct are structured, productive and positive.
WHAT TOPICS ARE COVERED ON THIS COURSE?
- Setting clear objectives
- Selling the value of the appraisal process
- Clarifying roles and purpose
- Defining clear performance standards
- Assessing and monitoring performance
- Setting clear and effective goals
- Delivering constructive feedback
- Managing performance
- Developing individuals and team members
- Establishing training and coaching needs
- Appropriate motivational techniques
- Dealing with “difficult” appraisees
- Communication skills
- Effective questioning techniques
- Summarizing to obtain agreement and buy-in
- Develop confidence and self-esteem
WHAT WILL I GET OUT OF ATTENDING THIS COURSE?
- The skills to avoid the most common pitfalls of poor appraisals
- Competence in turning potential conflict into positive behavioural change
- Development of an appraisal approach that suits you, your people and your organisation
- How to use appraisals to get happier, more productive and more satisfied team members
Who is this course for?
This is an essential course for anyone in a people management role who wants to obtain positive outcomes and changes in behaviour from an appraisal process.
This course can also be taken as part of the CMI Modular Level 3 Certificate in First Line Management.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.