College of Contract Management
Add to basket or enquire
Without great staff behind it a business will fail, so choosing those staff members is a highly responsible job. Human Resources is an enjoyable and rewarding career path for organised, communicative and empathetic people who want above all to find the best workers to enable their company to reach its goals. HR is essential in every company therefore there is always demand for skilled HR professionals. The aim of this course is to teach you how to attract ideal candidates for your company’s job openings. You will explore how to keep the workforce content in order to minimise staff turnover and in contrast how to carry out disciplinary hearings and contract terminations.
The HND in Business Human Resource Management is made up of two parts.
Part 1: BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate (HNC).
Part 2: BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma (HND)
Each module or unit you take is worth credits. Some modules are compulsory and you can earn extra credit by choosing optional modules to supplement your core knowledge. You must earn 120 credits at Level 4 to achieve your HNC and a further 120 at Level 5 to receive your HND.
Each module will be marked as either a Pass, Merit or Distinction, according to the quality of your work. Each credit you earn is given a value according to your grade, the total of which will make up your final grades for HNC and HND.
Level 4 Core Modules (Compulsory)
- Business and Business Environment (15 credits)
- Marketing Essentials (15 credits)
- Human Resource Management (15 credits)
- Management and Operations (15 credits)
- Management Accounting (15 credits)
- Managing a Successful Business Project (set by Pearson) (15 credits)
Level 4 Optional Modules (Choose up to 4)
- Business Law (15 credits)
- Innovation and Commercialisation (15 credits)
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management (15 credits)
- Financial Accounting (15 credits)
Level 5 Core Modules
- Research Project (set by Pearson) (30 credits)
- Organisational Behaviour (15 credits)
- Resource and Talent Planning (15 credits)
- Employee Relations (15 credits)
- Strategic Human Resource Management (15 credits)
Level 5 Optional Modules (Choose up to 5)
- Taxation (15 credits)
- Statistics for Management (15 credits)
- Business Strategy (15 credits)
- IT Systems (15 credits)
- Business Systems (15 credits)
- Developing Individuals, Teams and Organisations (15 credits)
- Human Resources – Value and Contribution to Organisational Success (15 credits)
- Consumer Behaviour and Insight (15 credits)
- Customer Value Management (15 credits)
- Sales Management (15 credits)
- International Marketing (15 credits)
- Brand Management (15 credits)
- Planning for Growth (15 credits)
- Tapping into New and International Markets (15 credits)
- Pitching and Negotiation Skills (15 credits)
We design our courses in line with Pearson guidelines and the assignments we set in order to assess your understanding of each unit comply with these as well. For Level 4, you will be given a choice of topics to base your assignments on. At Level 5 you will choose your own topics with the approval of your lecturer. Your lecturer will discuss the length of these assignments with you.
How You’ll Study
Your course will be delivered via a virtual study platform called Moodle. Your Moodle account will be where you access your messages, friends list, timetable, learning resources and most importantly your lectures. We will send you an invitation link to each live online lecture. It is advisable but not mandatory to attend the live online lectures as often as possible, but you will be able to view recordings of them on Moodle whenever you like.
How Often You’ll Study
You will receive an invitation to attend 1-2 live online lectures per week. These are chiefly held at weekends, usually in the evening. Each lecture is 2 hours long and the number of total lectures varies from course to course. You will be given a lecture schedule before each module starts to help you manage your other commitments.
We strongly advise you to supplement your guided learning with several hours of personal study per week, for example reading resource material from Moodle or re-watching segments of lectures.
How You’ll Be Taught
Our live online lectures are the bedrock of the course. As shown above, he interactive element means you will be able to learn as you would in a classroom. Lecturers will deliver presentations, ask you questions and examine case studies with you while using technology and modern methods to make your learning efficient and enjoyable.
How You’ll Be Assessed
To pass each module you will complete an assignment. All assignments are written essays that you will have a few weeks to complete. For your Level 4 HNC we will provide you with suggested essay questions and for your Level 5 HND you will choose your own. Your lecturers will be happy to discuss your assignments with you and all the lecture recordings and learning resources will stay on Moodle to your aid.
Who is this course for?
HNDs are an accessible route for people who are looking to kick-start their career. They are ideal if you’re looking to:
- Work for a couple of years then enter the second or third year of a university degree.
- Get promoted into managerial roles.
- Change career.
- Get a British qualification from overseas.
Please note that not all universities accept HNDs, please check with the universities that you are interested in.
For us to consider your application for the HND in Business Human Resource Management course you must:
- Be at least 18 years old, and
- Be a fluent English speaker. Overseas students for whom English is not their mother-tongue will need to provide evidence that their English is good enough to keep up with the course. This can be any one of the following:
- IELTS 5.5, with a minimum of 5.5 in both Reading and Writing
- CEFR level B2
- PTE 51
- Or approved equivalent.
Here are just a few of the directions that the HND in Business Human Resource Management could take you:
- HR Director
- HR Management Consultant
- Recruitment Consultant
- HR Officer
- Training and Development Officer
- People and Organisation Development Manager
- Employee Relations Adviser
- HR Administrator
- Occupational Psychologist
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
With the HND qualification can you go on to do a level 6 top up course?Answer:
Hello Victoria, Thank you for your recent enquiry. All universities accept the HND qualification to top up a BSc degree.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hi can i study this course and complete assignments at my own pace? Or are there deadlines? Thanks.Answer:
I am delighted to confirm that you can complete it at your own pace. If you wish to enrol the course, please pay a module at Reed.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
please can you send me more information about this course. And how self-paced is this course? and when is the next start date? thanksAnswer:
Dear Danielle, You can start immediately. This is a level 5 HND course. We will deliver this course through live online lectures so you can take it from wherever you are in the world. If you have missed any lectures, you can refer them from the recordings which will be available in our Moodle (Virtual Study Platform). You will feel as a classroom environment with our live online lectures.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.