Add to basket or enquire
Are you looking to begin your health and social care career or want to develop more advanced skills in health and social care? Then this health and social care course will set you up with a solid foundation to become a confident health and social care worker and help you to develop your expertise in health and social care.
This health and social care course is accredited by the CPD UK & IPHM. CPD is globally recognised by employers, professional organisations and academic intuitions, thus a certificate from CPD Certification Service creates value towards your professional goal and achievement. CPD certified certificates are accepted by thousands of professional bodies and government regulators here in the UK and around the world.
This course is endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. The Quality Licence Scheme is a brand of the Skills and Education Group, a leading national awarding organisation for providing high-quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries.
Whether you are self-taught and you want to fill in the gaps for better efficiency and productivity, this health and social care course will set you up with a solid foundation to become a confident health and social care worker and develop more advanced skills. Gain the essentials skills and knowledge you need to propel your career forward as a health and social care worker.
The course will set you up with the appropriate skills and experience needed for the job and is ideal for both beginners and those currently working as a health and social care worker.
This comprehensive course is the perfect way to kickstart your career in the field of health and social care. This course will give you a competitive advantage in your career, making you stand out from all other applicants and employees.
If you’re interested in working as a health and social care worker or want to learn more skills on health and social care but unsure of where to start, then this course will set you up with a solid foundation to become a confident health and social care worker and develop more advanced skills.
As one of the leading course providers and most renowned e-learning specialists online, we’re dedicated to giving you the best educational experience possible. This course is crafted by industry expert, to enable you to learn quickly and efficiently, and at your own pace and convenience. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
Why Choose This Course:
- Endorsed by The Quality Licence Scheme
- Boost your skills in health and social care
- Accredited by The CPD UK and International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine (IPHM)
- Special Offer - Free Course Completion PDF Certificate, MCQ Based Exam & Industry Expert Support Included
- Dual (CPD UK and IPHM) recognised accredited certificate in 1 course
- Learn from industry experts
- Lifetime Access
- High-quality e-learning study materials
- Self-paced, no fixed schedules
- 24/7 customer support through email
- Available to students anywhere in the world
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform
- Course Completion PDF Certificate, MCQ Exam & Industry Expert Support Included
- 2 Recognised Accreditation (CPD UK and IPHM) in 1 Course
So, what are you thinking about! Start getting the benefits by enrolling today!
- 1: Obtain Your Student ID Card 01:00
- 2: About Health and Social Care 09:02
- 3: About Health and Social Care 06:00
- 4: Overview of the UK HealthCare System 19:52
- 5: Overview of the UK HealthCare System 12:00
- 6: Principles of Health and Social Care 16:52
- 7: Principles of Health and Social Care 11:00
- 8: Codes of Conduct & Legislations in Health & Social Care in the UK 29:14
- 9: Codes of Conduct & Legislations in Health & Social Care in the UK 17:00
- 10: Equality and Diversity in Health and Social Care 12:28
- 11: Equality and Diversity in Health and Social Care 07:00
- 12: Safeguarding Adults 17:19
- 13: Safeguarding Adults 11:00
- 14: Management in Care Homes 21:37
- 15: Management in Care Homes 13:00
- 16: Key Aspects Underpinning Quality Health & Social Care Work in the UK 12:17
- 17: Key Aspects Underpinning Quality Health & Social Care Work in the UK 07:00
- 18: Career Prospects in Health and Social Care 11:05
- 19: Career Prospects in Health and Social Care 07:00
- 20: Conclusion: Health and Social Care 01:22
- 21: Conclusion: Health and Social Care 01:00
- 22: Assessment 06:00
- 23: Obtain Your Accredited Certificate of Achievement 02:00
This is a popular training course, ideal for anyone who is looking to kickstart their career as a health and social care worker, as well as professionals who want to test their existing skills and knowledge. If you want to gain an in-depth understanding of health and social care, then this program is perfect for you.
This online course come with lifetime access with no time limit for completion. Each module of this is fully accessible from a tablet, mobile or laptop, as long as there is a secure internet connection.
We have divided the course into 10 user-friendly modules, covering all fundamental areas of health and social care to provide learners with the relevant skills and industry knowledge to take their career to the next level.
This comprehensive course include the following modules:
About Health and Social Care
- Definition & Meaning
- Significance of Health and Social Care Services
- Differences between Healthcare and Social Care
- Health Care Needs & Services
- Social Care Needs & Services
Overview of the UK HealthCare System
- The Structure of the UK Healthcare System
- The National Health System (NHS)
- NHS Framework
- Healthcare Facilities in the UK
- Private Medical Insurance in the UK
- Rights to Health Care
- Promoting Health and Social Care Choices
- Social Care Needs Assessment
- Charging and Financial Assessment
- Types of Assessment
- Support Planning and Individual Care
- Partnership Working
- Cross-border and inter-local issues
Principles of Health & Social Care
- The Seven Principles in Health & Social Care
- Safeguarding Individual’s Rights
- Core Values and Applications of Care
- Role of Personal Hygiene and Safety Procedures
Codes of Conduct & Legislations in Health & Social Care in the UK
- Purpose and Scope of the Legislations
- Impact of Legislations
- The Health and Social Care Act 2012
- Equality Act 2010
- Children Act 2004
- Safeguarding Patient’s Confidentiality
- Data Protection Act 1998, 2018
- The Computer Misuse Act 1990
- Legislations for Accessing Patient’s Records:
- Access to Medical Reports Act 1988
- The Access to Health Records Act 1990
- The Access to Health Records (Northern Ireland) Order 1993
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Mental Health Act 2007
- Adult Support and Protection (Scotland) Act 2007
- The Care Act 2014 (England); The Care Act 2016 (Scotland)
- Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014
- Abortion Legislations: The Abortion Regulations 1991 (England and Wales); The Abortion (Scotland) Regulations 1991
- The Controlled Drugs (Supervision of Management and Use) Regulations 2013
- Legislations for Detection and Prosecution of Crime and Road Accident
Equality and Diversity in Health & Social Care
- Importance of Equality and Diversity
- Promoting Equality and Diversity
- Identification and Elimination of Potential Barriers to Equality & Diversity
- What is Adult Safeguarding?
- Principles of Safeguarding Adults
- The 5R’s of Safeguarding
- Aim & Roles of Safeguarding Adults Board
Module 7 of the Health & Social Care Covers the following topics:
Management in Care Homes
- Health & Safety in Care Settings
- Reporting to RIDDOR
- Moving and Handling
- Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency
- Right Use of Bed Rails
- Risk Control
- Control & Prevention of Infections and Diseases
- Stress Management at Work
- Handling Violence at Work
Key Aspects Underpinning Quality Health & Social Care Work in the UK
- Performance Indicators of Healthcare
- Methods of Measuring Performance
- Performance Management using Tools and Techniques
- Best Practices as a Health & Social Care Worker
- Duty of Confidentiality
- Confidentiality Dos and Don’ts
- Consent to Disclosure
Career Prospects in Health & Social Care
- Health and Social Care as a Career Choice
- Types of Job Opportunities
- How to Start a Career
- Highest Paying Healthcare Professions
- Skills and Responsibilities
Method of Assessment
On successful completion of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice assessment. The assessment will be evaluated automatically and the results will be given to you immediately.
Certificate of Completion
On completion of the health and social care course, you will be eligible to obtain your free PDF certificate of course completion.
Certificate of Achievement
Endorsed Certificate from Quality Licence Scheme
After successfully passing the MCQ exam you will be eligible to obtain health and social care at QLS level 3 Endorsed Certificate by Quality Licence Scheme. The Quality Licence Scheme is a brand of the Skills and Education Group, a leading national awarding organization for providing high-quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. It will give you a competitive advantage in your career, making you stand out from all other applicants and employees. There is a Quality Licence Scheme endorsement fee to obtain an endorsed certificate which is £65.
CPD UK and IPHM Accredited Certificate of Achievement
On successful completion of the health and social care course, you will be eligible to order your CPD UK and IPHM accredited certificate of achievement (dual certificate) as proof of your new skill. You can also share this certificate with prospective employers and your professional network. You/your employer can verify your certificate through our website. Certificate can be obtained in PDF version at a cost of £12, and there is an additional fee to obtain a printed copy certificate which is £35.
Who is this course for?
This comprehensive health and social care course is suitable for anyone looking to improve their job prospects or aspiring to accelerate their career in this sector and want to gain in-depth knowledge of health and social care.
This health and social care course is felicitous for those, who want to be the best in their jobs.
Whether you are completely new to the field or are an aspiring professional, the health and social care course will help open doors to a wide range of professions within your chosen field, helping you to stand out to employers with up-to-date skills that can be used to enhance your CV.
- There are no academic entry requirements for this health and social care course, and it is open to students of all academic backgrounds.
- As long as you are aged seventeen or over and have a basic grasp of English, numeracy and ICT, you will be eligible to enrol.
This health and social care course opens a brand new door for you to enter the relevant job market and also provides you with the chance to accumulate in-depth knowledge at the side of needed skills to become flourishing in no time. You will also be able to add your new skills to your CV, enhance your career and become more competitive in your chosen industry.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Reed courses certificate of completion
Digital certificate - Included
Will be downloadable when all lectures have been completed
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.